Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

microwaves Lock

how on earth can i clean it properly. I use it alot and i honestly dint realise how grotty it was!

2 replies

The thing that works best for me is grab a bowl put some hot water in it with a squeeze of lemon juice pop i on for about 2 minutes ...

baileysmumma

mould in bathroom? Lock

hi the last few months my ds and i have been getting sick..although most of the time its just th...

6 replies

We had mold in our bedroom i tried sugar soap but didnt work i just used moled remover worked really well and quick. Just make sure...

bmw by name

Going to check my power meter Lock

When I get home I'm checking my meter readings. We got our power bill and I thought it was a bit ...

14 replies

So, even if they say your meter has been read, check it! Especially if they're charging you to read it (which is outrageous!). ...

How to iron something Lock

Hi Skip, Try covering the fabric with a cloth ie pillow case or sheet, and and iron on the lowest...

17 replies

Hey Skippy, Just did a quick google search, and i think if you look up either 'ironing protective cloth', or 'protective ironing pre...

bmw by name

I thought my washing routine was ok Lock

I'm not spying their clothes line is on the street side and they don't have a fence so i always n...

46 replies

Sounds like a friend of mine She washes whites, then shades of pink, then shades of blue, then darks etc.....each is hung in a sepe...

*Princess Ladybug*

top vs front Lock

my front load is slowly dying only on certain days....to get it fixed requires driving it an hr a...

12 replies

I just got my first ever brand new washing machine and it was a front loader. I am in love with it. White clothes that had gone tha...

jeanetteandbub

Child-Proofing Lock

Hi, I recently went to someone's house where everything was fenced off. The 11 month old baby ha...

5 replies

I think as soon as we enter this world anything can harm us. For example the child who a TV fell on and is now brain damaged. I wish...

Lara21

Do I need a Double Pram?? Lock

About to have another baby and have an active 2year old son... Do I need a double pram, already m...

20 replies

I would defiantly recommend not counting your kid out of the stroller-equation, at least till 3 or 4 One idea is a standing board, ...

Stains Lock

I'm having so much trouble getting baby poo stains out of ds's clothes and blankets. What stain r...

3 replies

i've just discovered the sard wonder stick and it's awesome! i had some bibs and onesies that had pasta sauce stains (dd loves her p...

Gertie_Wertie

live simply washing balls Lock

hi does anyone have or use these? simply washing balls-they have a website brother just brought s...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

flylady...? Lock

who is this flylady that i have seen mentioned a few times on here?

7 replies

Today I played FlyLady bingo. How it works is you make a list of 6 things that can be achieved in 15 minutes each. Then you go to Fl...

*Princess Ladybug*

laundry space ideas Lock

we have a very small laundry to go with our small house width is basically washing machind and to...

3 replies

if you manage to find room for a tall cupboard the BEST thing we did in our laundry was have a power point installed in the bottom o...

The dreaded mould Lock

We had stored the highchair in the shed along with numerous other things but for some reason i di...

9 replies

paint on some milton solution (undiluted), wait 10 mins then rinse off. not sure if its very colour friendly tho. i got the mould of...

Chiliwoman

Peak V's Offpeak energy consumption Lock

Do you pay attention & try to use your large electrical equipment during off peak times - washing...

7 replies

The only electrical item we use which can be used at night is the washing machine, it has a timer and I keep thinking I SHOUDL try ...

Mummy_of_Hayley

House Cleaners Lock

So i have just hired a new house cleaner...they are coming on wednesday but its been years since...

15 replies

Mine are probably due for a clean but not to bad so they can wait a bit longer, to cold outside, well that's my excuse anyway I d...

Katherine_Michell01

cleaining stainless steal Lock

Hey guys next month I will be moving into my new house(FINALY) now all the appliances are stainle...

1 reply

Hi I use metho & water in a spray bottle, just spray on and wipe off with a dry cloth a facewasher works best I find. You can also b...

Getting tea stains off china? Lock

Does anyone know how to safely? And from any house hold product ...... Or can you actually remov...

9 replies

*takes a bow*

Kaza87

The Harmful Effects of Household Cleaners on Children Lock

ARE YOU AWARE THAT MANY HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS IN OUR HOMES TODAY CONTAIN CAUSTIC CHEMICALS????? Des...

Squidlet

Removing paint Lock

Any suggestions? Sanding, Turps, Magic tricks to make it disappear??

5 replies

use turps to soften the paint and then scrape it off (after about 30 secs - depends how thick the paint is)

caroliness

dishwasher advice please Lock

The short version: moved into our house oct 2005. SMEG dishwasher came with house purchased in A...

2 replies

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate it. I think we have decided to buy a new dishwasher rather than have this one repaired fo...

..Chloe..

Washing dishes question Lock

I ran out of dishwashing liquid last night. Forgot i had to buy some. I can not get to the shops ...

6 replies

Thanks everyone for the replys. And yes i do have bi carb and vinegar. Thanks Dee!

live*laugh*love

What's your favourite household appliance? Lock

Because i LOVE my vaccum cleaner lol! It is a super sucker.... near sucks the floor boards right ...

18 replies

My Favorite one hasen't been invented yet! robot who does all the cleaning for me is my favorite!!! hehehe

Washing Lock

We are a family of 6...Im washing 2 to 3 times a day. It seems too much to me and are wondering i...

1 reply

I know how you feel we are a family of 5 and on a good day i do 3 loads then up to 7 has been my highest and its every day and now w...

*rennie*

Really boring sorry Lock

So I have been a bit lax in the oven cleaning department of late lol. What's the best way to clea...

8 replies

bicarb sprinkled over it (use a good amount on really dirty areas) and then mix up 50/50 water and vinegar in a spray bottle and sp...

How do you clean your bathroom mirrors? Lock

I am sick of the streaks, fluff etc, so what is your foolproof method?

8 replies

I use white vinegar and a flat cloth nappy... no streaks and no buying anything special!

chalys 'n' J

aaah when will i learn not to settle for second best! Lock

I bought a $600 vacuum cleaner last Friday... I have wanted a dyson for years & dh was against it...

23 replies

Hi, I also have wooden floors and am wondering if a steammop would make the wood swell, or let water into the cracks.... does anyb...

Nathanjones50

Baby Nursery Furniture/Nursery Furniture Sets Lock

Hello, Thanks for sharing the information...I was looking for some Baby furniture for my 6 year o...

Mummabears

Leather or Fabric lounge Lock

We are getting a new lounge very soon! Its a big decision as we dont mind splashing the cash on s...

12 replies

Leather here too - love it. We got ours from Freedom. It's a massive corner modular suite in a chocolate brown smooth leather. I ...

Quick question about cleaning timber floors Lock

Does anyone know if you can use a steam mop for floating timber floors? I have one, and I've be...

3 replies

Thanks for that ladies, Yeah I wasn't sure about how much water it puts on the floors, because it seems to dry so quickly on tiles,...

^Mumto2Ts^

floorboards vs carpet Lock

as above. thanks

32 replies

thanks for everyones replies. i have sold dh on the idea and we will be doing it next march, which is the next time we go away as ...

^Mumto2Ts^

House Cleaners Lock

by pure chance we have been given details of a house cleaner who works in our area and is looking...

12 replies

When DP and I were working full time we had a cleaner come on a friday and for $40 (2 hours) she would do the washing up, wiping up...

Lollipop21

Sheepskin Lock

Hi All. When I was pregnant I was given a heap of stuff from my sister in law, including a genui...

3 replies

I use a wool wash and just put it in the washing machine in a wool cycle and have never had any problems.

tamsmum

LAundry! Lock

Can anyone or evreyone please please please tell me the best product they have used for removing ...

7 replies

I have also found out that hairspray and toothpaste are great to get texta off cloths. Good luck one job I hate. Mel LOL ver...

JadeAnkh

Oils Spots on Clothes: Is it the washing machine? Lock

Recently I have been noticing oil spots on some my clean clothes when they were dry. They look ...

2 replies

I had a similar experience with my washing machine and when i had someone look at it they said mine was caused by a build up of fabr...

Bhagreen_31

WASHING MACHINE RECOMMENDATION Lock

Our washing machine has broken down this morning, won't spin on the spin cycle. So need to buy a...

9 replies

We have a Bosch front loader (combo of knobs and buttons) - I too would never go back to a top loader. We have been really happy wi...

^entertainingmyselfinsillytown^

Renting Question Lock

Just wondering is it a common thing that the owner of the house comes through on rent inspections...

13 replies

the house we are living in now, is the first home we haven't had our landlord come and inspect the house, depending on the contract ...

mum of 3 boys 1 girl

2 questions Lock

1: DH has started a new job and his clothes get quite dirty.... is it best to wash them in hot or...

5 replies

1. use a face mask, take couch outside and remove loose mold spores with a brush 2. vacuum over the area, to remove any other mold s...

Zinkles

EEEK! Lock

I spilt my spaghetti bolognese all over our cream carpet. Any ideas for the removal of bright or...

5 replies

Can you get sunlight on that section of carpet?? If you can you should have no problems. Tomato stains are effected by UV light and ...

Boring question Lock

Every couple of weeks Is that gross?? But if for some reason they need to be changed earlier ...

23 replies

I was doing them all weekly, (sheets and pillow cases) quilt covers only maybe fortnightly or longer. Then I thought the kids don't ...

Tejaellu

Quick question!! Lock

I have a wooden cradle that has had something sitting in it that was obviously damp and I didnt k...

4 replies

Thanks!! Will clove oil work on the fabric that was damp too? The only fabric I've used clove oil on is pram fabric that had some...