Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Blue Jean Baby

Big grass stain on hubby's jeans Lock

Anyone recommend something good to soak &/or wash them in that will remove the grass stain from h...

1 reply

Yes wonder soap. Buy it from the supermarket for like 3 dollars, brush stain with soap and a brush and wash.. It brings out everythi...

**Maygirl**

Getting my whites back to white??? Lock

Im hopeless when it comes to washing, well so im told... I can not get stains out of my DD dresse...

7 replies

For whiter whites try this ---> Vanish Napisan Crystral White. Saw the ads for it the other day, I'm going to buy some soon - my ...

..Chloe..

Who irons.. Lock

My other half thinks i should iron all the time, as in do it as it comes off the line, but i iron...

24 replies

I love ironing. I have an "ironing pile" and i do it once a week. As I iron i hang each item on a hanger on my portable (on wheel...

GLWCHW

Mould on clothes Lock

I found one of DD tops in a plastic nappy bag from when we had gone out (and then forgot about it...

5 replies

my mum told me to put some vinegar on it and then rub a cut lemon over it then nappisan then wash and it should be right to go - sou...

Leeuwin

House extensions Lock

As of June we will be leaving and we are looking at buying a house now. One house that we like i...

4 replies

We're looking at going up. Staircase, 2 bedrooms & bath, and changing our room to lounge. Doing painting and carpet, tiling ourselve...

Products which make your life easier Lock

Have you come across any products which have made your life easier? I love White King Power Clea...

6 replies

Oh yes, Ajax spray and wipe is my best friend <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span> Also love the waterproof sheet pr...

Streetlights

Who's oven has a light that stays on Lock

Our oven has a light that remains on as long as the oven is on. A feature I have gotten very used...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
michaela86

stains Lock

we are at the inlaws place for a while and mil decided to do our washing, grrr. i had a tshirt of...

Removing oil / sticky from kitchen bench Lock

Can someone recommend a tried and tested product? My DH has gone overboard with the deep-fryer la...

3 replies

Eucalyptus oil is great for getting sticky messes off. yes it is or tea tree oil is good too, both work very well. good luck

Olive*Oyl

How do I go about Lock

I have two white dresses that have little marks on them. Have tried pre-wash stain remover but di...

1 reply

On the bleach bottle it should have how much to dilute in water and then soak for awhile depending how bad the stains are. Do NOT pu...

**lovemy3kiddies**

Do you Iron? Lock

I was thinking today when I found my Iron that I have not Ironed anything in about 5-6 yrs... Onc...

9 replies

I iron my DP's work shirts occasionally, but I made sure all my clothes are pretty much ironing free lol.

How do I get rid of the smell of turtle wee?? Lock

Seriusly the stuff reeks!!!! Last time I play the good samaritan, ungrateful sod, should have lef...

5 replies

PMSL - try vinegar and bicarb soda...or soak it in milk?

Tesaandbabies

Blinds or curtians Lock

We are just about to put our house on the market and what some idea of what people think is best....

2 replies

I hate curtains!! I can't stand washing and ironing them (I have massive windows lol). Do you plan on taking the curtains with you? ...

3bugs2love

Help PLZ! with mortgage stuff... Lock

So DH and I are really REALLY wanting to buy a 'shack'. I have found THE PERFECT place - it's $2...

6 replies

We have alwasy used Mortgage Choice when we've needed to apply or re-assess our homeloan. They will go thru your finances (income v...

Anirtak

Grrr red serviette in DH's pocket Lock

DH left a red serviette in his pocket and I didn't realise and put them through the wash. It has ...

5 replies

lol and I thought this was gonna be a thread about a cheating husband

Mummabears

Tiled Floors.... Lock

So we have been renovating our home for a few months. So far all the large rooms are done. Kitche...

5 replies

I have the answer for you......it is a bit drastic though.....it involves you shaving your dog, your cat and yourself. lol Serious...

Cleaning advice Lock

We have a reasonably new kitchen with white cupboards. Just wondering what I should clean them wi...

2 replies

are they painted white?? a matt white or a high gloss white? choices hey. We have high gloss off white and i actually use winde...

mum of 3 boys 1 girl

gas oven help Lock

so we have had an electric oven for ages... now where we are renting is a gas oven... it appears ...

4 replies

You might want to buy a thermometer and put it into the oven....at least that way you know what the temp is! Also have a look at th...

Vomit on my pillow Lock

My daughter vomitted on my pillow yest. Normally i would just bin it, though its one of thoses lo...

2 replies

Wash in the bathtub then spread it out on towels in the backyard in the sun

Do you use fabric softener? Lock

Just wondering how many mums use fabric softener? I'm not a big fan. It's like putting fragranc...

29 replies

Ok fair enough, was just wondering thats all, wasnt being rude in case you thought i was. I use washing powders that have as few ...

2 little blondies

I need a new washing machine UPDATED Lock

I need a new machine. I've not had a top loader before so know nothing about them. I dont mind TL...

32 replies

If you set it on the cycle that is appropriate for the clothes - then you are looking at 1.5 - 3 hours with the washer going. (Ho...

Tenants going downhill Lock

Just had a call from the property manager, the tenatns in our house have been brilliant for about...

12 replies

Nowwwwwwwww you ask me lol We found a place. A friend of ours is leasing his 3x1 in Warnbro and for $225 WITH foxtel, we cant say n...

For those with ducted heating Lock

What is a normal temperature to have it set on? I've been in far north qld for 4 years and now i...

13 replies

We set ours to about 17/18 too and either turn it down to about 12/14 overnight or turn it off all together. My ds is severe asthma...

Argh! Lock

All I feel like I do is cook, clean and do Mummy duties. The only thing that really erks me out o...

2 replies

Well i just clean the entire house once a week and do a very quick vacum everyday. Other then that i just leave the toys from hurric...

dancing mama

Help - I have a lazy 7 year old boy Lock

Hi everyone. I need your help!! My DS is 7 years old and LAZY!! My DH works FIFO (fly in fly o...

7 replies

I know what you mean about doing all the work! My daughter is 5 1/2 and I make her clean her room - actually she does this willingl...

Does anyone have a house cleaner? Lock

Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone uses a cleaning service or similar? How did you choose what...

8 replies

My mum has one who comes weekly for 3 hours (4 bed house) and that includes: Clean kitchen - that's all cupboard doors, fridge, dis...

•••bubbles•••

My vacuum sucks... Lock

As the title says; my vacuum sucks! Or rather, it doesn't, more like i can go over the same tiny...

20 replies

I've got a Volta Ultima with the power head and the dust thingy that fits to the hose (can't remember what it's called but the lady ...

twoprinces

Do you make the you're bed everyday? Lock

Just being nosey Over the weekend i was at a friends place and she commented on how she never m...

37 replies

I like to at least pull the doona up

littlehummingbird

What sneaky shortcuts do you take... Lock

Given the topics over the last few days, something a little more light hearted... I vacuum the s...

27 replies

You ladies are hilarious! I love our spare room for 'dumping' unwanted things, regardless of what they may be, if people come over...

lovekaleb&koby

Washing powder question?? Lock

I was just about to put a load of washing on and realised ive purchased 'front loader' powder, i ...

10 replies

I had a front loader and accidentally bought the top loader, Rang around a few places and they said wont harm the machine but I was ...

Olive*Oyl

heeeeeeelp pleeeeeeease Lock

i am cleaning the oven in the rental we've just moved out on and I cant get the black bits off th...

3 replies

tooth paste lol gets most things sparkling.....

Olive*Oyl

Some cleaning questions... Lock

I know its an exciting topic... Question 1 - does anyone have a steam mop? Are they any good?...

7 replies

Question 1 - yes but havent used it much, its a pain in the butt. Question 2 - either Stainless Steel Sparkle (silver spray can) or...

JENN4

PLZ HELP! Mould on baby's clothes Lock

Hi all, I am due for my first baby in 9 days (eeek) and I was recently given a walker and I've di...

3 replies

As Astarria said. White vinegar is the best thing for mould. Good luck on your impending arrival

Green Cleaners..... Lock

I have cleaned out my cupboard and thrown away ALL of my chemicals. I was shocked at how many I h...

12 replies

Hi Ladies, How you are all well? Just reading through all your posts and just wanted to inform you of a company ive just started ...

love_my_boys

how often do you? Lock

I was talking to a freind today and she basically said i dont have a life because of how much i c...

31 replies

I know i don't own a mop..... have to get down and clean it when its dirty That's what I do too. Hubby said if we bought a mop ...

Nodrog

How do you clean Lock

Hi, so my daughter just puked all over the living room carpet. I scraped the chunks off, then use...

*Giggles*

Help to get cortisone cream out of carpet?? Lock

My delightful 2 year old just covered herself and the carpet in cortisone cream, what is the best...

9 replies

ahahahahahah nope not a chance, after today I don't want any any more! lol LMAO but tomorrow is a whole new day

kerriej

Solar power and house value Lock

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone knows how much value solar power adds to your house? We are lo...

2 replies

Thanks very much! I thought it would add value, but I just wanted to make sure! We are actually getting one that is supposed to cov...

<3Austin's Mummy<3

How to fix a smelly dishwasher Lock

Hi, Our dishwasher always seems to smell a bit yuck. It gets put every second day and the dishes...

3 replies

run a cycle with just vinegar in there, this is what i do (was told by hubbys aunt) and works in my dishwasher Good Luck I spr...

*~*Mummah*P*~*

Washing clothes Lock

Hi ladies. I am after a good colour safe bleach. I don't really want to be trying bleach on my cl...

4 replies

Napisan Oxy is pretty good for getting out most things. Also, once washing is washed, hang out in bright sunlight (esp your white it...