Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Beck-Lexi-Cohen

Our dishwasher has decided its broken Lock

Our dishwasher is a kleenmaid and they no longer make parts for it, its also around 12 years old....

11 replies

Just bought a bosch, several of my friends have it and rave how good it is...cannot wait for it to arrive. has a water rating of 4.5...

CherryPops86

What's your favourite kitchen appliance??? Lock

As the title suggests... In terms of flavour of the month what is your favourite kitchen applian...

22 replies

My slow cooker... it's fab!!

my_little_blessings

Need your storage Lock

I really need all of your ideas. We totally run out of room in our house and i maded a list of th...

14 replies

if ur hubby doesnt want to pull the cot down then just use it t store all the baby stuff in. put the stuff u are keeping under it a...

Natural Washing Powders/Liquids Lock

Can anyone recommend a natural clothes washing powder/liquid (frontloader)? DS's eczema has flar...

2 replies

I was going to recommend soap nuts but I've been beaten to it I have been using them for about 2 years now, they're great, and SO c...

COFFEEHOLIC

Help removing vomit smell Lock

We cleaned our lovely material covered lounge setting to sell on ebay. The very next day, DD2 vom...

3 replies

I'm in NSW. I have tried the vinegar/water/dishwashing liquid solution I read somewhere. If that fails, I'm going to try this...I ...

2 little blondies

bathroom reno Lock

For those that have frameless or semi-frameless showers or bath showers, do you find that you sti...

7 replies

THAT BATH IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!! i want one! im playing around witht he planner now to see how it will fit. we have a huge hug...

Marmy61

How often do you....? Lock

Hey ladies, I was wondering (while sitting here bored as hell, trawling the internet LOL) how o...

39 replies

Hi hun I usually wash twice a week & up to 4 loads each time. It is just me, DH & DS normally. Have stepDD with us for 5 weeks, s...

yep-kiwi

MOULD!!! Lock

Hi, We are in Central Queensland, and I am having a constant issue with mould. I feel like I am ...

1 reply

Hi, We are in Central Queensland, and I am having a constant issue with mould. I feel like I am forever spraying mould with Oz Cle...

Nostrum

Defogging Mirrors? Lock

My mister and I just moved into a house with an old bathroom, and for some strange reason every t...

1 reply

Hi there Do you have a fan in the bathroom? It will help immensely & help protect against mould on the walls & ceilings. Try hot ...

sweetcady

Help please!! - chocolate milk + mattress :( Lock

Im hoping someone has some magical solution to get chocolate milk off of a mattress. My DD 3 tipp...

3 replies

*gulp* It was a proper mattress to, I think I may try the pro clean first. Do you think one of the machines you hire from the supe...

justonemore=3

can anyone help? laundry question... Lock

DH is at home today, kids are at daycare, I am at work and I asked him to do one thing. Wash our...

4 replies

I'd give Dylon Run-Away a try. You can buy it from the supermarket where the washing powder is. I have used it before with success....

2 little blondies

The great toy cull and general clean up Lock

I'm having a breather on day 2 of a massive toy cull and clean up. This has become a beyond mass...

14 replies

I buy it from the local Chemist. Cool ta

Fleas in carpet :( Lock

Can i ever really get rid of them??? Ever since we brought this place, the 1st summer fleas star...

6 replies

I have heard (but haven't actually tried myself) that you can sprinkle the carpet with salt and leave it for a while, then vaccuum ...

Kat + 3 Kittens

Cleaning other people's mess Lock

Before I moved, I used to have a cleaner come in once a week and I was thinking about getting ano...

2 replies

also your not emotionally attached to other peoples stuff.... there for you don't get distracted when your cleaning

mumm

Shower Screen Cleaning Lock

Have a clear shower screen, and i can not get the scum off. Its like its embedded in the glass so...

11 replies

I use the Valida bathroom mop. It is so easy to use and save hours of cleaning... even DH loves it.

4littleangels

Dishwashers Lock

My dishwasher is beyond repair and need another one. I asked the repairman should I get a more ex...

20 replies

We've just bought a Smeg but it's still sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor so I don't know how good it is yet We were told ...

lovemylittlemen

Holes in shirts Lock

Hi, At the beginning of the year, I noticed tiny little holes at the bottom of my cotton t-shirts...

2 replies

You may have carpet beetle! We have them and are quite hard to get rid of. They are tiny little bugs that are sort of a grey/green...

Quick steam mop q =D Lock

Sooo... you would think by now I would know how to use my steam mop properly haha but it seems I'...

7 replies

LMAO I think our DH's must be related Mine also pinches all my good TW to measure things....he recently used some TW containers to...

luvmylife

Cleaning help... Lock

Hi there everyone. Just a quick post to see if anyone could explain it to me or cure my mopping ...

7 replies

Thanks for all the replies!! I have asked DH to get me a steam mop for Christmas - I want the Haan Steam Mop as it says I can do the...

M2A+1ontheway

if you have or used to have a cleaner Lock

as the title states, how much did you or do you pay per hour for a cleaner? If you were paying s...

6 replies

I get the house done for 2 hours a week for $40 cash.

Izaak*and*Kyans*Mum

Split system airconditioners... Lock

Hi all, I moved into a rental in October and the only form of aircon is a split system in the l...

6 replies

Thanks J. It is a fairly large system in an average sized open plan kitchen, dining and lounge room and i have had the hall door op...

Tejaellu

Calling all experienced mummies! Lock

??? Breastfed baby poo so it either a lovely green or yellow and she always manages to roll off ...

6 replies

what were you thinking? white carpets??LOL haha I should've added that the worst part is that we're renting!!!

vkw

I ordered a steam cleaner thingy Lock

hope its good.Our house needs a good clean and I am a bit lazy,the steam mop we have ...

7 replies

I've been looking at steam cleaners and found the one on deals direct but not sure if it does a good job! Have you got yours yet and...

Beck-Lexi-Cohen

Tile grout Lock

Does anyone have any tips or know of a cleaning product to clean grout? My whole house is tiled ...

2 replies

We had a problem with mould in the shower at our old place. It was awful and we tried every cleaning product on the market and I did...

lissiii

renting to offsett mortgage repayments?? Lock

ok so our mortgage has just gone up again... and thinking of options of what we can do, wondering...

9 replies

ok so our mortgage has just gone up again... and thinking of options of what we can do, wondering if there is anone who rents out t...

gemini5000

another washing question Lock

ok so silly question but where do u put it?in the prewash tray section or in with the detergent? ...

3 replies

I usually do half normal powder (Omo Matic) and half Vanish/ Napisan and both go in the normal wash tray. I never do a pre-wash. ...

^Mumto2Ts^

ironing Lock

we iron nearly every item of clothing in this house and with 2 sick kids, work and getting a back...

21 replies

I'm ex-defence force hence I don't iron ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!! And I never polish my shoes or make my bed properly either (well, you...

getting onion smell from tupperware Lock

DH cut up onions and put them in one of my TW containers and now, after at least 4 washes, it sti...

6 replies

lol - try them all and tell us which one works best!!! I was going to say rub over some dry bi-carb and then pour on some vinegar (t...

M2A+1ontheway

What is the best stuff to use Lock

I knocked over a candle on my kitchen bench and wax went all over the bench top and some plastic ...

7 replies

put a paper towel over it, heat your iron not too hot then iron over the paper towel. It melts the wax onto the paper towel. Good luck

STB2

How to get rid of soap scum? Lock

so as the title suggests.... How do you get rid of soap scum in your shower? any natural remidies?

10 replies

gosh this all sound sto hard haha think i myt hire a cleaner to come get it off hahaha

^entertainingmyselfinsillytown^

Front Loader washing Machines Lock

My front loader washing machine bit the big one so obviously Im in the market for a new one <...

12 replies

Front loader cycles are loooong... my quick wash which I use for every day takes 45 minutes and my full wash that I use for DHs wor...

anyone have or had a house keeper? Lock

how much does one cost?

18 replies

We had one growing up, when there was 4 teenagers in the house, and Mum was working full time. Was a family friend, and charged $25/...

OK How do you actually do it???? Lock

And not go mental???? I SUCK at being a good little housewife, my house is clean but rarely tidy...

41 replies

I must admit that I only have 1 friend out of all those who are mothers whos house actually looks show-home like when I visit. We ha...

Whats your favourite Lock

Hubby is away tonight so the kids and i are going to make some pizzas. Normally i have roast vege...

6 replies

We always have pizza tomato paste, then shredded ham, sliced tomato on top of that, then sliced pineapple and shredded pizza cheese ...

c+3.5

mopping Lock

howdy all. Ok, i will readily admit, i am the laziest, most unconcerned person when it comes to ...

25 replies

I would like to get a steam mop because DH always takes my mop bucket and uses it in the garden. Then leaves it out there and lets ...

i love my bubba!

How can i remove nikko (permanent marker) Lock

I love vintage homewares, and my mum has just dropped over a couple of vinyl kitchen chairs that ...

7 replies

I keep a can of Aeorgaurd spray in the cupboard (either the aerosol or the pump spray) to get nikko etc off furniture and walls. Jus...

Steam Cleaning? Lock

My mattress really needs a clean, can I get it steam cleaned or is there some other kind of clean...

5 replies

Let me know how the stain free works I need to get mine done now too - now that DH is no longer living here. It's probably easier i...

1Princess+1Prince

Spring cleaning Lock

So far I have done the pantry, all wardrobes, windows are happening today... What else do you do ...

4 replies

ooh I've been into the spring cleaning/nesting for a few weeks now. so far I've, wiped down and tidied the top of the fridge and fr...

Washing question Lock

I always wash in cold. For my first wash I washed the lights, colours and darks separatley as I w...

6 replies

I wash everything in cold. That way they are less likely to shrink. I think you would be safe to wash them all together unless you h...

R.E.A

Ironing Lock

22 replies

I iron as little as possible