Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

rosie*rata

HELP!!! yucky toilet stain Lock

When we moved into our house the toilet obviously hadnt been cleaned in months there was this gro...

6 replies

A bottle of Coke, works wonders!!! Just leave it to soak for about 30mins!!! Its is amazing what that stuff can do (I no longer dri...

**lovemy3kiddies**

How to get pen off the walls?? Lock

Any one know how the heck to get black pen off a painted wall with out removing the paint with it...

9 replies

Good old JIFF!!!! The best thing for everything!! Cheap and just get it from ur local supermarket! Good Luck

ENJO cleaning products Lock

I went to an ENJO party today and am torn weather or not to buy the whole package for about $700!...

6 replies

i have the mop, kitchen mit and cloth, bathroom mit and cloth and dust mit and cloth...I love them all to bits!!! No streaks ever, e...

Dishwahser help please Lock

I know nothing about dishwashers, we have never had one before. I put it on at night and when i g...

5 replies

My MIL recently came to stay and she remarked that our dishwasher never smells and none of our plates etc do either. I have always r...

Mould on the Shower Walls Lock

Hi All, I have mould on the shower walls in our rental, we have used mould killer etc but doesnt ...

5 replies

Many thanks to all you lovely ladies who have responded to my post! I will go and try some domestos on it now. If you can think of...

mallecat

Washing Powder Lock

Hi, Just doing a quick survery of those in the know ... ie MUMS I have a crawler and a toddl...

8 replies

It heaps good i brought the jasmine one yesterday i just used it this morning thats really nice too. I LOVE the smell how nice is i...

lissiii

how long does it take Lock

how long does a normal cycle take in your washing machine? mine takes 54 mins seems like soooo ...

16 replies

We have a LG frontloader washer/dryer, it takes 1hr and 43min to do one load of washing. Hi, We have the exact same as you!!! Ive...

*missy*me*

Quick cleaning question Lock

My grout in my shower has gone a redy colour (from me bing lazy and not cleaning very often) Do y...

6 replies

if you scrub and scrub and still cant get the 'clean' white Bunnings has this awesome product that you can which is basically like w...

Jaz mummy

What colour is you bedroom painted? Lock

And the rest of the house for that matter? I know what colour i want to do the girls rooms and li...

10 replies

We havent renovated ours yet, the hall is darkish green and makes the house VERY dark and the rest of the walls are a creamy colour....

dgjt

gas bottles Lock

Hi We are moving into a new place next week and we have been infomed the own is going to be putt...

11 replies

Hi! We have bottled gas here. We have one bottle (it's big though) and it depends on the time of the year as to how often they come...

Housework Lock

Alot of women on here say how they have to stay up till all hours of a night just to get the hous...

37 replies

WOW, all I can say after reading this is I am glad my kids play on their own a lot!!! I feel a bit neglectful but honestly my kids h...

How to get mould stains out of fabric Lock

any tips?

2 replies

Hang in the hot sun for a few hours to kill the mould to stop it from returning. Then rub salt and lemon juice into the stain, leave...

Mold on the walls Lock

We are in a rental and there seems to be a mold issue building up. Its starting to form on the w...

13 replies

my inlaws had a leaky roof and had mould on their ceiling. the insurance covered it, they sent someone out to fix it, all he did was...

kritylou

Bunnings flat pack kitchens Lock

Do you have one? what do you think of it? has it lasted you a few years? We are about to rip out ...

4 replies

hey we have had our bunnings kitchen in for about a year now. Everything is great and saved us a bundle. We had our flat pack boxes...

Can I clean Stainless steel...... Lock

Does anyone know?? I have a new stove/oven, I just gave it a good clean with some SS cleaner the...

6 replies

[quote name='.:astaaria:.' date='06 September 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1283760344' post='2789335'] [url="http://eartheasy.com/liv...

Koala''s_ mum

Shock electricity bill Lock

We have just received our energy bill after weeks of anticipation. I had a feeling it was going t...

15 replies

Hi, We have just received our electricity bill too!! Normally our bill is around $200 for 3 months but this bill was $400 and ther...

Cleaning help please! Lock

Is there anyway you can take the fabric off and recover it yourself? Make it nice and fresh just ...

4 replies

Hi, What about that stuff that Frend does? You know, the ad where the guy cleans one sofa cushion and then the mum says great, now ...

Mummy22Boyz

Please please help!! Lock

K, our showers are gross I want them sparkling again, but nothing seems to work. Think I even h...

14 replies

I use enjo (?spelling). I do not use any cleaning products, only water and this tub of enjo stuff. You just wipe over the tiles/glas...

Electricity Bill Lock

Just thought id share this with everyone went to get the mail and suprise suprise our bills here....

39 replies

if(when) the carbon tax(ets) comes in it will sky rocket again

Floorsboards in a rental!!!!!!!! Lock

Hi, We have floorboards everywhere in our rental. They were sratched when we first moved in but ...

14 replies

Hi, try using Clove oil on the mould, it will kill the spores and be a bit safer for your little guy, just dilute it though, it is ...

PerfectPair

Enjo Gloves Lock

How do you clean your Enjo mit? I went to a Enjo party and I can't remember how the consultant sa...

3 replies

Thank you!

*alyssa&kobeys~mummy*

home renos Lock

Dh and I have decided to take our house off the market and renovate. We will be doing a new kitch...

4 replies

We have only just recently decided to do some renos to our house as well. We were hoping to sell and buy something bigger but were u...

**MummyMelly**

How do you get pen off couch Lock

Silly DH left a pen on the coffee table and I have just realised that 21month old DS has found it...

3 replies

apparently baby wipes work wonders not so much luck with the baby wipes... They did make the marks lighter in appearance though.

Mortein Bug Bombs Lock

If you leave cupboard doors open with it all in it then yes but if you dont no, i make sure the d...

1 reply

I have had an ant problem in my kitchen. I used Raid advanced ant control system - you put the liquid in the dish and leave it by th...

House Inspection help Lock

I just found out i will have an inspection in a few weeks. Since DS my house has become filthy as...

2 replies

Dont get too stressed about it. They are only there to make sure you're not damaging the property. Normal mess...even extreme normal...

bookachoo

Seriously...is anyone else's house this messy during the day? Lock

Or do I have the most messiest kids? I can hardly see my carpet in the faimly room during the da...

3 replies

I feel like I battle all day every day - who wants to stay up late picking up the house! My biggest battle is SIL's who's houses are...

2*cheeky*monkeys*

Cleaning glass shower screens Lock

I've heard alot of people say they get a sparkling shower screen using vinegar. I want to give it...

1 reply

i clean my fishtank this way, and works quite well

Lil_possum_&_Jack

A serious housekeeping question Lock

If you had an opportunity to do a complete clean out of your house, clean out all the unwanted/un...

16 replies

doesnt stay that way long. everytime i move i swear my house is gunna stay spotless... a month later, it's just like the old place.

2 little blondies

how do you remove nikko pen from stained furniture??? Lock

My fault for leaving it within dd1's reach....she's just drawn all over the coffee table. The ta...

3 replies

LMAO - now I'm going to have to turn the house upside down to try and find a whiteboard marker!!! Again...my fault for not paying a...

1Princess+1Prince

bathroom renos Lock

We may have a water leak in the wall which means the tiles will need to be redone. just wondering...

4 replies

He did his daughters house (our friend) and did a good job otherwise we know another guy who mught be able to do it.

ross_544

Mould!! Lock

I pulled DS high chair apart last night to clean it and when I pulled the cover off it, the under...

10 replies

Would this work for the play gym matt thing for babies? Our damn air conditioner puts a lot of moisture in the air and after cleani...

skylanlilysmum

any reccommendations Lock

Our washing machine died last night, so we will be going out later this morning to go get a new o...

19 replies

Our washing machine died last night, so we will be going out later this morning to go get a new one. Any suggestions on how to choo...

Amy00

Which steam mop is the best Lock

Hi all, I would really like to buy a steam mop but I'm having trouble picking out which one is t...

1 reply

i just bought a $60 one off ebay. looks exactly the same as the h2o one but a diff colour. works well, and great for finishing off c...

PerfectPair

Clothes Dryer Lock

Ok so I'm thinking we really need a clothes dryer. I have plenty of clothes for the kids but in t...

9 replies

That's a great idea! I'll be doing that tonight with my towels. The weather here is on and off, never know what it's going to do. I...

J.J.C

floating timber floors Lock

so we are buying a house (YAY)im hopng to be moving in the next few weeks cause i sign contracts ...

6 replies

The other thing you can do if you want to use a wet mop is just wipe it dry with a cloth or a dry mop afterwards. I have floaing tim...

What can i use Lock

My lino is starting to look a bit dull and i'm wanting to shine it up a bit, but i don't want to ...

4 replies

metho and hot water

Lil_possum_&_Jack

What mop do you use on your timber floors??? Lock

I do not use bleach or anything like that on the floors and it the mop needs to have machine wash...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
**Manda**

Exit mould, bleach or sugar soap? Lock

to clean my bathroom walls and celing as we have no fan... I can start to see mould!! EWWWWW!!!!

10 replies

EXIT MOULD!! Its the best! Our bathroom walls were covered in mould. I sprayed exit mould and the mould disppaeraed no scrubing nee...

sld236

Packing a house and moving tips Lock

Hi Everyone, We are moving shortly and I could use some advice..... How do I start packing up my...

3 replies

Hi everyone, thank you for all your suggestions and advice as this will be our first move since we got married. I should explain t...

Jali18

Anyone recarpeted their house recently? Lock

We are recarpteing our house soon and unsure what colour to go. I really like a beigy light brown...

7 replies

We had ours done a light brown, its a great colour because it already has a dirty look about it, plus it really lightens the rooms. ...