Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Lil_possum_&_Jack

Anyone got a COMMERCIAL steam cleaner? Lock

I need to do some research on Commerical Steam Cleaners, you normal run of the mill household one...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

If you have built a house Lock

What are your must haves!! What did you get but don't like!! Anything you can think of pros and c...

27 replies

underfloor heating is the best,I am currently on tiles barefooted

Miraclebub

Help -What Product to use on Carpet stains Lock

Hi Huggies Girls Hoping you can help, Ive got beige/brown carpet in the loungeroom. My DD has en...

1 reply

Hi Huggies Girls Hoping you can help, Ive got beige/brown carpet in the loungeroom. My DD has enjoyed tipping her milk bottle upsi...

Flooring in bedrooms Lock

If you were building a home what type of flooring would you choose in the bedrooms, carpet or til...

7 replies

Depends wher you live. If you have really hot summers tiles but if you get quite cool/freezing winters floorboards. IMO We have floo...

~*~*~MuM~*~*~

Paint (wall) colors Lock

What's in your house? What's 'in' at the moment that you think wont date too fast? Been on some...

28 replies

After doing the feature wall things and tinted wall colors in past houses we have come to the conclusion we would always paint our ...

Curly*

Quick question regarding bleach? Lock

I saw on T.v that bath toys like rubber duckies are really unhygienic as the wee hole in the bott...

5 replies

miltons good mixed with a bit of water. I wiped my dishrack dryer with it. The dishrack had like a pink substance in corner of it bu...

Reesimone

The Pantry Lock

I'm in one of my "change it around" moods today so I'm going to make use of all these tupperware ...

7 replies

I'm in one of my "change it around" moods today so I'm going to make use of all these tupperware and Lock and Lock containers that ...

What's the BEST oven cleaner Lock

Hey ladies, I have a house inspection coming up in about 2 weeks, and i really need to get stuck...

8 replies

Easy Off Bam oven cleaner! Works really fast, comes off really easy! I agree 100% with Katey! This is the best oven cleaner I hav...

.:Katie:.

How do you clean your washer?? Lock

Recently when I've opened my washing machine it's smelt like wet grass. When DF mows the lawn his...

15 replies

Oh I also clean around the rubber rims with a damp cloth and some disinfectant

BabyOliverMom

What can i use to clean my windows? Lock

while pregnant? we are renovating at the moment, great timing huh? and i need to clean the windo...

3 replies

yep go the vinegar , you can clean everything with it , its great !

J.J.C

random question.................... Lock

we are buying a house(thank god) and i was just looking in my linen cupboard while putting towels...

8 replies

I remember the days when everything matched, though they are long gone! I do however have the good towels out for when we have guest...

gemini5000

dyson vacuums Lock

for those who have one, do you use it more on hard floors or carpet? do you think its worth buy...

15 replies

I LOVE our upright Dyson!! Our entire house is tiled, with the exception of two large rugs and it is brilliant!! It has a hard floo...

Getting blood out of clothes????? Lock

I have my bosses PJs and things to wash, there is a huge blood stain on a pair of PJ pants, its b...

9 replies

PMSL Flappy, tahnks for the laugh I needed that this morning!!!!!!!! Well maybe if he had have just given me that pay rise!!!!

young_bub

extra costs to look out for Lock

Me and my partner are deciding whether to buy an established home or build a house. this will be ...

6 replies

thank you for all the replies. i think i have convinced df to buy an estab home first (as first time buyers we are on strict budget)...

~AmAndWillsMummy~

House reno and resale vaule Lock

So currently our house has 4 bedrooms 2 small and 2 medium, 1 living area and 1 bathroom. DP and...

5 replies

could you factor another bedroom into the equation with the rest of the extension - cost a bit more but then you've got the best of...

Wooden benchtops.... Lock

OK my next kitchen question....... DH and I know pretty much what we want done with this house an...

6 replies

I love love love your house, especially Miss E's room. You are so much braver with colour than me. When I eventually buy do you wan...

Renting out a property Lock

Hi, We are going to be renting out our house in july, and i have been wanting to get some sort of...

12 replies

Also talk to your bank - we reconfigured our bank loans so that more was owing on the rental - that way we got more gain for it in t...

*mummi*

Dishwasher Lock

I just received this email, thought some here may appreciate it : I feel terrible for asking, b...

2 replies

Lol...Put some hair on the god damn Man!!! Then I will think about it!

myperfect2+1

Getting rid of vomit smell Lock

Hi all! I have had two sick kids taking turns in germ sharing for four days!One of them decided t...

5 replies

spray with a mix of vinegar and water. once dry you can sprinkle the rug or lounge with bicarb? make sure its not wet as it may stai...

How often do you clean your fridge?? Lock

I just noticed some milk spilled in the back of mine so used it as an excuse to take it all apart...

13 replies

I refuse to answer in case I incriminate myself !!! lol lol lol Ditto lol. Although if I spill something in there I clean it........

Danielle&Koby&Evie.

How often do you clean your bathroom? Lock

Cleaning the bathroom is probably one of my most hated jobs. Mine is usually pretty grubby before...

8 replies

Cleaning the bathroom is probably one of my most hated jobs. Mine is usually pretty grubby before I get in there and give everythin...

Who has a house cleaner Lock

Or ironing lady?

7 replies

mine comes every fortnight, initially it was 3hours sicne i was having a hard time with DS reflux, now she comes 2hours and does 2 ...

gemini5000

unblocking drains Lock

what do you use? do you think bicarb and vinegar will do the trick? anyone tried this? ideas pl...

1 reply

yeh thats what i used, left it 10mins and heaps of hot water. hope it works for ya

BM5148

Lime Scale Lock

hi all, does anyone know how to remove really really bad lime scale??? I used everything from Aj...

1 reply

dont know if u'll see this since its been so long but have you tried enjo? the glove itself does wonders but its its alot of build u...

*emily''''s mummy*

dishwasher rinse aid Lock

Normally i use finish rinse aid but have run out at the moment. What does everyone use and is th...

4 replies

we use morning fresh rinse aid but i might gove vinegar a try

*kathryn*

cleaning products Lock

Just wondering what you all use to clean the shower with. trying to find a better one but trying ...

5 replies

since i bought the enjo glove i havent had to use anything else

little_1

What an awesome product!!! Lock

I just recieved in the mail yesterday a sample of the Viva Glass and Window wipes and they are gr...

2*cheeky*monkeys*

Vinegar Lock

Do I just put it in the compartment where I would put my tablet or powder? Then just run an empty...

1 reply

yes thats what my mum uses, you put vinegar in and do a cycle whilst dishwasher is empty same as what u do to clean washing machine

3bugs2love

Question about washing machines... Lock

I really really really want a new washing machine. The one we have is old, crusty and doesn't tak...

5 replies

i used to only want a top loader as well, but when we decided to upgrade to a larger washing machine before DS was born we found tha...

Household air fresheners...... Lock

I hate that the weather is getting cooler and the house being closed up more often than not and I...

3 replies

Invest in an electric oil burner. You can pick them up for around $30-50, you dont need to add water like the candle style ones, js...

noush82

Nesting and obsessed!!! Help!! Lock

Help! We have recently had/have fleas in our house. Apparently this has been the worst yr for the...

A question for those with rental properties Lock

As above. We've had new tenants in for 6 weeks last Saturday, and I haven't received any rent yet...

11 replies

end of the month and we receive an itemised statement they should only authorise an electrician after confirming with you, unless i...

mickeyrat

Washing Curtains Lock

We are moving out of our flat on Saturday(yeah!) and i'm just looking at the lounge curtains and ...

5 replies

You could try hosing them laying as flat as possible on a trampoline. That is the only way I could think of that would work. They w...

x4cuties

Any ideas on how to clean sofas? Lock

My sofas are a dark green cordroy material, the seat cusions come off so can go in the washing ma...

1 reply

My sofas are a dark green cordroy material, the seat cusions come off so can go in the washing machine but its the rest of the sofa...

Leather shoes and mould Lock

Hi, Does anyone know how to remove mould from leather shoes please? TIA

2 replies

Thanks for that, I'll see how it goes. DH put good leather shoes away that were wet, grrr..... Thanks again!

Scoot Scoot

GOOD WASHING POWDER /STAIN REMOVER Lock

I am wanting to know what everyone else is doing.. My DD'S stain their clothes like other childr...

4 replies

Yup we wash in cold to.

Cailin

Flies Lock

Hi all, We have been overrun with flies this past week - they're everywhere! We live on a dairy ...

PerfectPair

Nailpolish stain in clothes Lock

Anyone know what will get nailpolish out of clothes. DD had a brand new outfit on today and got i...

treylace2

Saucepans Lock

with the handles no they don't get hot unless they are over a heat source like another hot plate....

9 replies

our actual saucepans(pots and pans) are RACO which is a very good quality brand from myer/david jones.. our fry pans are usually tef...

Mummy22Boyz

Deli meats...... Lock

does anybody know how long you can keep ham/strass/chicken loaf, etc that you buy from the superm...