Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Lil_possum_&_Jack

A question to those who have had their roof insulated recently Lock

Did the installers install the bats via your manhole or did they remove roof tiles and put them i...

9 replies

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I think I might look into the wool instead. We do have insulation currently in the roof, ...

Danielle&Koby&Evie.

Washing Q. Lock

I ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL use Spree Summer Breeze, with the Fluffy Summer Breeze Softner, and my part...

6 replies

My Partner's work shirts ALWAYS stink, even when they're clean. Does anyone know of anything I can put in the wash to get the B.O s...

Lalas2Dudes

natural oven cleaning tips please!!! Lock

hi there i really need to clean my oven, its been ages since i have done it and the grease is qu...

2 replies

Hi i came across this method, i tried it and it worked, give it a go and see what you think: I have my white vinegar diluted 1:1 in...

~cutie~

Installing ceiling fans Lock

We are looking to install ceiling fans in the near future, I was thinking the ones with the light...

6 replies

the ones that have the light AND fan do require one extra wire... regardless of where the switch is located... and we have the 4 bl...

3_miracles

Getting those breastfed baby explosive poo stains out Lock

I'm finding it really hard to get the stains out of my baby's wraps and her clothes,I soak in nap...

4 replies

Cool thanks! I thought Napisan was supposed to be the wonder stuff but looks like SARD is, thanks again, I'll get some today

Sheets and towels.. Lock

Only when I see a set that I absolutely fall in love with and can justify the expense - so other ...

20 replies

I've decided to just replace the face washers for now... I'm thinking I might make the towels last until next Boxing Day - unless a ...

vals23

enjo products Lock

I have the floor mop which is fantastic. I would love the other products too, but they are so pri...

7 replies

I use the bathroom and kitchen mitts, have had them for years and love them. However there are similar, less pricey versions out the...

2*cheeky*monkeys

For those that have renovated their bathroom Lock

We did our bathroom 4 years ago, so prices shouldn't be that different now. Have a talk to your ...

18 replies

We did ours last easter.We acyually put the bathroom in a totally new room. it was about 3000 to 3500.We got everything from bunning...

JemimaC

Nail polish out of fabric? Lock

Any tips? My lovely ds has hit the terrible twos, yesterday he smashed a bottle of nail polish o...

1 reply

nail polish remover..... not sure if it will work after you have washed it but it works before you wash it. Only thing is some fabri...

cazaj

Removing stains....what do you do? Lock

I have tried sard, sometimes works. tried oxy action nappy san. Its all sorts of stains, mainly ...

4 replies

We don't have greasy work clothes or anything, so our stains are mostly food and dirt, etc. I spray stains with White King stain rem...

bored4

washing machines Lock

I have a Simpson 7.5 - and would never buy another brand..lol It's about 7 years old and still g...

2 replies

what is good. i need a new one and am not sure i currently have a samsung top loader that is 8 years old oh and what life span sh...

2*cheeky*monkeys

Painting the inside of the house to put it on the market Lock

I would probably paint the kids room a neutral colour just because if they have kids then if they...

21 replies

Hi, I'm coming from the point of view of a house painter. My DH and I own a house painting business and do a bit of work for real es...

Sparkling showers... Lock

What on earth can I use in my showers to make it shiney and lovely again. The glass doors have go...

5 replies

A friend reccommended this to me and it works a treat! Squirt some HOMEBRAND CREME CLEANSER onto the glass and use a scrubbing brus...

*pookibum*

Please help! Dyson Vacuum Lock

Do you have one? Do you love it? Hate it? Pros? Cons? Do you have another brand of vacuum that ...

25 replies

ok i'm gonna have my say re Dyson, I ahve a dyson,one of the barrel ones not the upright and I should have saved my money.... We ...

MandYann

How do you clean up the wee's on the carpet??!! Lock

i get to it asap with a towel, to soak it all up, then once its 'touch dry' i cover with baby pow...

5 replies

OK bit of a stupid question, but I am keen to know how you all clean up the 'spills'! Am looking to start TT soon and it goes witho...

missy_83h

HELP- i have ant issues! Lock

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any tips for ridding my kitchen of ants!! I have worn myself out...

2 replies

I think it was wipe surfaces with eycalptus oil. It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure thats what my mum used to do.

How much milk does your family... Lock

Wow! That is a LOT of milk! Maybe you need to look into getting your own dairy cow or two! LOL! ...

35 replies

when DP is home we use 4x2L(coles full cream milk) basically just under $10 a week in milk, that does DH, me DS#1 who is 5,DS#2 who ...

Fruit storage in fridge.. Lock

Tupperware Fridge smarts.

6 replies

How do you store fruit in your fridge.. Just looking for ideas to prolong the life of things like grapes, strawberries, watermelon e...

One*Lucky*Mummy

Dryer V's Clothes line? Lock

i am one of the lazy ones. just about everything goes through the dryer. mostly to save time but ...

58 replies

Hi, i feel that my clothes, nappies etc are cleaner if hung out on the line to be sun disinfected and sun bleached. My laundry just...

~*Elle*~

How do you clean your carpets? Lock

Hello How do you all clean/wash your carpets? I found a great carpet spray/foam which I was using...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
*~Jayne~*

How High..... Lock

dont have one sorry not with our kiddies lol how are you all tho sweet hope your all doing good ...

15 replies

44.5 cm , about knee height(my knees)

tinkerbell08

Cleaning the buggy... Lock

My mountain buggy desperately needs a good clean! I've given it the occassional scrub with a dam...

3 replies

I don't have a mountain buggy but with both my three wheeler and steelcraft stroller I hand wash quite liberly using a bucket n clot...

gonna have 3 under 3 and need to organise myself better Lock

I also have 3 under 3 ... has to be a few crazies out there! My youngest is now 9 months so it i...

3 replies

Hi I have found the Flylady website has me better organised with my two boys 16mths apart, maybe we naturally get more organised w...

2*cheeky*monkeys

Those who use vinegar for cleaning Lock

i only use it to clean the windows and mrrors in the house, works great no streaks i was using 50...

10 replies

Hot water and metho works great on floorboards - thats all I use- its great for windows too.... totally streak and watermark free...

*~Jayne~*

Has anyone made..... Lock

i have. might of been that one, is that the gel and not powder? i didnt think it was too bad, bu...

7 replies

Home made Laundry Liquid? I found a recipe on a website and made a batch. I have a load of washing on at the moment and dying to see...

Home Made Products Lock

http://mybubsx2.blogspot.com Thanks

5 replies

A few of you asked me for my receipes for laundry liquid, cleaning products, baby products etc. So here is my blog now with them on...

Who Checks ... Lock

I am like you - if he didn't check his pockets, I'm not going to either! We have wrecked about 4 ...

37 replies

I check pockets, but only bacause DH always leaves money in them!! It's my reward for doing the washing I have a big jar with all t...

do you bother cleaning your floors.... Lock

I vaccuum my dining room/ kitchen twice daily regardless, I vacc the rest every couple of days bu...

22 replies

Well, I THINK about mopping everyday, does that count? I usually sweep every day, vacuum once, sometimes twice a week and mop once ...

alethea

home made cleaning products? Lock

Has anyone got any make your own cleaning products that really work on very stained baby clothing...

2 storey homes Lock

for those with 2 storey homes do you do upstairs one day, down stairs another? or do you try to t...

1 reply

*hugs* Em, that is a lot!! I find it easiest to draw up a chart kitchen gets scrubbed one day bathrooms another and so on and so fo...

aidans_mummii

plagiocephaly - does anyones child have it? Lock

~~* HI *~~ I was just wanting to know if anyones child has or has had plagiocephaly?? (a craniofa...

mummytoemmy

Question for those that dont iron Lock

How do you do it?? I loathe ironing (like most people) my clean washing ends up in a massive pil...

9 replies

I never iron my Nanna bought me one and it's been used like twice in the last 18 months.... to get away with it clothes need to go s...

~TJK Mum ~

Cleaning dog puddles out of the carpet!! Lock

Hi all, Just thought I would post this tip I have about removing stains from puppys in your carp...

bothboys

What fresh Lock

At the moment I am buying baby spinach, mushrooms, capsicum, spring onions, little tomatoes, pota...

7 replies

fruit and vegies do you buy each week? I buy potatoes, sweet potatoe, pumpkin, carrots, celery, zuchini, capsicum, mushrooms, tomat...

Amy+2pixies

transporting fridges and freezers.... Lock

They cannot be laid down, must stay upright, my step father is a furniture mover, so I just asked...

4 replies

are the able to lay down to be moved? ive been told before that they have to remain upright. how true is this? its about 3 years old...

Selling Our House- Desperate, Please Help! Lock

I honestly can't suggest why it wouldn't be selling! It's really cute and for that price it seems...

14 replies

Hi we also have our house on the market and we are also in NewZealand ( Paeroa ) We have had our place on the market since the end o...

Lil_possum_&_Jack

Dishwasher - What product do you use? Lock

I use Morning Fresh in the screw top. I also use white vinegar in the rinse aid. I have a frien...

5 replies

I use EcoStore auto dishwash powder cause its natural, I'm too worried about whats left on cups etc from the chemical ones. And whit...

~*K*and*M's*Jelly*Belly*~

Need a nice fabric softener Lock

I dont have any suggestions for you, but could you please shorten your name as it is making the s...

5 replies

I use fluffy (and the omo front loader powder but we have the sensitive one!!)

joeysmummy

H20 Steam mop? Lock

is that the triangle shaped one you get from the tv?if so, my mum has 1 and its great

5 replies

Does anyone have one? Is it worth it?