Huggies Forum

Husband wetting bed Rss

Hey, I posted in a different section and am being like others and posting here to get replies!

I am an older member but signed in with different account as I am embarrassed about it all.

Everytime my husband has a few too many drinks, he wets the bed. It doesn't happen if he just has a few after work, but only on nights where he has more than usual (like last night with the origin). He says he gets so angry at himself and embarrassed about it, but still goes and drinks like he does. It really annoys me. I should be changing my son's sheets, not my husbands! It's so disguisting. I have told him to go to the doctors, but also said I think the only way to stop it is to not drink. Seems like a simple solution right? Well, he says' he's not going to let it stop him living the life he wants to and wont let it beat him and stop drinking. I AM THINKING "IT IS BEATING YOU BECAUSE IT STILL HAPPENS!!!!"

What do I do?????????? Anyone else had this?????
How old is your husband?

I'd make him go and see a doctor to make sure he doesn't have any prostrate troubles. My dad had prostrate problems and that was one problem he experienced.

My husband is 28. Was your dad wetting the bed only when he was drinking?? Spose it could be the start of that. but I know he has been doing this since he was young, with his old partner. About 19/20 ish.
Well I would be getting him to go to the doctor and get checked out too but also MAKE HIM CHANGE THE DAMN BED. Even better, if he wants to drink then let him, get a spare single bed and put a rubber sheet on it and if he wants to drink that's where he gets to sleep for the night.
Yes its embarrassing my mum has had to deal with this for many years with my dad. He actually has liver damage and kidney damage from drinking too much so I would recommend seeing a doctor.
id be going to the doctors, he may have a problem with his bladder. better to get it checked.

another thing that may help is getting hold of some male incontinence pads, not great but may help for the meantime til you can get him to a doctor
My friend hubby does this also. It only happens when he drinks VB though. If he drinks any other beer or spirit it doesn't happen.
OK, I see a pattern forming here! Looks like I will have to force him to the doctors. Thanks again ladies. I hope nothing's wrong.
Ummmmmm something seems to have escaped you.

Why the hell are YOU changing the bed for a grown man who is capable of changing the bed himself. Maybe if he has to actually deal with the consequences he might do something to stop it happening in the first place.
Suzee, wonder why it only happens with VB? What does she do about it??

We do have single beds here but they are for his kids when they come to stay. I have enough trouble getting the smell out of our room let alone the kids. Maybe just tell him not to come home. might make him do somethign about it.
I don't think my dad's was alcohol related just age related.

If he's intoxicated it could be that he's dreaming that he's going to the toilet and just not waking up.

It'd still be best to get it checked by a doctor.

I'm pretty sure there are male equivalent exercises of pelvic floor exercises too - not sure if they would help at all.

Posted by: confusedmummy
Suzee, wonder why it only happens with VB? What does she do about it??

We do have single beds here but they are for his kids when they come to stay. I have enough trouble getting the smell out of our room let alone the kids. Maybe just tell him not to come home. might make him do somethign about it.

No idea why it only happens with VB but she lets him have other heavy beers and he doesn't do it.
Sign in to follow this topic