Huggies Forum

Immunisation & Autism Lock Rss

I just heard that the fellow in Britain who started the whole link between immunisations and autism has admitted that he never had any proof and that he based his book on 12 children. 12 children!!!!!! He is being charged with professional misconduct! Great way to scare the world out of protecting their kids! What an idiot!
Sounds like he just never liked immunisations so looked for some way to put people off.

I really hate it that people can't just respect others choices in life and so try to scare everyone into sharing their opinions. GRR

Posted by: *pookibum*
I just heard that the fellow in Britain who started the whole link between immunisations and autism has admitted that he never had any proof and that he based his book on 12 children. 12 children!!!!!! He is being charged with professional misconduct! Great way to scare the world out of protecting their kids! What an idiot!

It has been known for a while that he's studies were not valid, thus it never went anywhere..
No wonder people all over the world were scared of immunisations - stupid man!
Unfortunately this is a sensitive topic! I thas been researched but not researched enough! I just wish people knew 100% whether it has a link or not!

My nephew who has other issues, def had a reaction to this needle but may be it is only kids with a certain gene that do react! I also have a child that has reacted so we have delayed this injection for my 2nd child til we know what is going on with DD1

ETA My DD2 has had every other needle though
[Edited on 24/02/2009]

Jilly, Qld, Mum to Amy 14/12/05 & Rebecca 20/7/07

my chiro hates immunisations. he started talking to me about it last time i saw him. i jsut nodded politely.

it's one of those things that is so hard to prove - you can't go back and undo it and see if things would have been different.

i vaccinate.
People will be believe what they want to believe and if they look hard enough they will always find something to back up that belief....
[Edited on 24/02/2009]
so true staaria!

I find this whole immunisation argument tiring because people all so strongly believe in their own opinion that there's no point in arguing.... nobody is about to change their opinions based on an argument!

blah i hate all these things!! I actually stopped immunising my DD because of all the supposed links to things, hearing injections have mercury in them etc makes me sick but i dont even know if its correct??? At 15 months DD is meant to have about 5 injections?? i am fuming because i do believe this is too much for a little body to cope with all at once no?? why does it have to be 3 or 4 or 5 at once? becuase its cheaper for the government to do it like this? One at a time spaced out is more expensive ??? does anyone know... like really? sad this is the only subject i am always battling with and confused about

Yes, it is very unfortunate because what a debacle that man started! You can see it from the parents of Autistic children's point of view though. Same as most parents who find out their child has a problem, they WANT an answer as to Why! It's a natural reaction, and unfortunately, for the parent's of a lot of Autistic children, the Autism can just "appear" all of a sudden and it coincides with the age they are when they require their immunisations. I think for some of these parents who blame the immunisation, it's sort of "closure" for them in their own mind as to how/why their child suffers with it. Even though, as stated in the OP, this "finding" was never substantiated.

3 Gorgeous Girls!

lilsarah - it is confusing and conflicting. I immunise because my mum is a nurse and she cares for a lady who was a perfectly normal child, but didn't have immunisations - she got meningitis really bad and is now a vegetable. For me, that is enough information to have dd immunised!

Anyway... I am leaving this topic well alone- as I said earlier, everyone has their opinions on it and no one will change their minds on it! ta ta!

Oh, no ... sad people believed him when his studies weren't exhaustive or accurate.

But all you can do is what you believe .... I'm not a soapboxer so here I vacate the topic LOL
There is alot of info out there in the big wide world of the internet that contradicts itself that as a parent it is hard to know what to do. You really do need to sift through the info to find what is CURRENT and CORRECT. Immunisations DO NOT contain mercury these days. YES many years ago (sorry I cant recall the year) they did but they are now mercury free. It is rumoured that the measles mumps rubella immunisation contains egg yet there is also conflicting information about this claim. Based on all of this you really need to do ALOT of research to be well informed and make the right choice for YOUR family.
[Edited on 24/02/2009]
Sign in to follow this topic