Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Health & Medical Topics for Parents
  5. I know wrong section but just want a quick answer please on Thrush.

I know wrong section but just want a quick answer please on Thrush. Rss

Ok DD is 4 1/2 months old and have just noticed she has white patches in her mouth i know its thrush but what i want to know is can i do anything for it or will it go away on its own.
DD who is 12 had it as a baby but i cant for the life of me remember if i did anything for it.
Thanks girls.

grab some Daktarin gel from the chemist, if you are breastfeeding pop it on your nipples too
Posted by: allI*s_missymoo
grab some Daktarin gel from the chemist, if you are breastfeeding pop it on your nipples too

Yep this is what I was told to do as well and it cleared it up when BFing the boys

Good luck
Thankyou very much for that Girls really appreciate it.

I am bottlefeeding Matilda unfortunetly so do i just spread it in her mouth with a cotton bud i take it.
I am sorry sounds like a dumbe question but i wouldnt have a clue lol.
Hopefully hubby can find a chemist open around here at this time of night arghhh

I was also told Daktarin worked. Except when I went to buy it from chemist, the pharmacist asked what it was for. Anyway, he didnt advise it and said to try Nilstat (drops) for both of us first. So i did, it cleared DD's up, not sure about me as I stopped bf very shortly after so mine just went away. You can also try canesten on your nipples...GOodluck smile

*Just read your not bf, so ignore the nipple part!! lol
[Edited on 14/03/2009]

I used to use the tip of my finger (clean obviously) to apply it in their mouths Mel
Thanks for that Jo and Thankyou Mummy2be for your advice.

Another question does anyone know how they get it?Is it something i have coursed her to get?

Mel, I used Nilstat oral drops when Angus had thrush. I think it was 1ml 4 times daily and it was either before or after a bottle. (The pharmicist will be able to tell you)
Worked brilliantly!!
Posted by: Moniquesmum
Thanks for that Jo and Thankyou Mummy2be for your advice.

Another question does anyone know how they get it?Is it something i have coursed her to get?

It's just something that babies get, you have NOT caused it. Don't blame yourself.
Posted by: mum2kaitlyn
Mel, I used Nilstat oral drops when Angus had thrush. I think it was 1ml 4 times daily and it was either before or after a bottle. (The pharmicist will be able to tell you)
Worked brilliantly!!

Thanks for that Amanda i wont be able to get anything till first thing in the morning all our chemists are shut now arghhhh

It's just something that babies get, you have NOT caused it.Don't blame yourself.[/quote]

Thanks for that Amanda i wasnt sure if it was me that coursed it or not.
Hubby turn around to me before and said geez after having 4 kids you should know about thrush well bloody hell if they had had it before i would of bloody knew about gggrrrr men

Mel has she been on antibiotics lately?? Cause some medications can cause Thrush. Hope she is better very soon.

Sign in to follow this topic