Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Heat Rash ?!?! Lock Rss

My 13month old daughter has had a rash on her tummy, back and parts of her face for most of the day.
I've had her dressed in a singlet, T shirt and trackie daks today. The same as her sister. But she seems to be getting sweaty/clammy.

The rash itself isn't raised and doesn't seem to be worrying her. Does this sound like a heat rash?
Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Amy

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

If it's just pink and nothing raised then it's probably a heat rash, sometimes it's dotty. But heat rashes go away pretty quickly when you cool down.
Could it be measles? I know there are a few cases going around at the moment.
If you are unsure, i would take her to see the GP just to be safe.......
Thanks for that!
She seems to be taking after her Daddy, in that if I put more then one layer of clothing on her she is piping hot, and sweating profusely! This is the first time I have seen a rash on her tho!
thx again!
Amy

Did the rash go away when you cooled her down?
Measles did cross my mind. But I thought measles were red - dark red, and small dots, like pin pricks ???
These are skin colour (just slightly darker), and it's only on her torso, with a couple of spots on her face. The spots them selves are more like pin head size iykwim?

starting to worry now. just had another look, it's getting darker. I think I'll take her to the after hour doctor, to be safe.

Oh dear... Here is a pic of measles.....

http://www.vaccineinformation.org/photos/meascdc004.jpg

Let us know how you get on?

If she had measles she would probably be whingy and sick as well as having the rash. Won't hurt to have her checked out anyway.

Just wanted to mention that my DS had a rash last week that looked like a heat rash. I took him to the doctor and she told me it looked as though it could be a viral rash. Apparently some viruses that kids catch, that's the way their little bodies get rid of them, through their skin.

I just kept an eye on him, he seemed happy the whole time he had the rash, and it was gone within 24 hours.

My DD has food allergies and sometimes if she eats something that has traces of the foods that she can't have, she gets a rash that looks a bit like heat rash. It also goes away within about 48 hours.

Let us know how you get on. Hope its nothing too serious.

I had measles as a kid and the rash turned up long before any other symptoms.

Could be heat rash, could be viral, could be an allergic reaction. If it is getting darker I would definately get her checked out.

Measles can also give spots inside the mouth (on inside of cheeks) The spots look like a tiny grains of white sand, each surrounded by a red ring.

DD is recovering from the measles, and was extremely grizzly add clingy.

If in doubt, have it checked out.....

Good Luck!
Sign in to follow this topic