Huggies Forum

Eczema/dermatitis on the scalp Lock Rss

We have FINALLY managed to clear up DD's eczema from her body, but recently she has developed it in her hair and on the back of her neck. It's driving her mad, she has scratched herself raw in places. I use Dermaveen oil in the bath, and wash her hair with QV wash. I've tried washing it more regularly thinking it was from being hot and sweaty, and less regularly thinking it may be from over washing, but neither seems to have had any effect on it. I don't know if I should be applying her regular Betnovate ointment into her hair??? I don't really want to but will if it'll make it better. Or should I see the dr for something more specific targeted at scalp conditions? Thanks for any advice you can give me, we live 2 hours away from a pharmacy so can't ask the pharmacist smile
It could be Psoriasis..it's another skin condition like excema and it can be soooooooooo itchy particularly in summer. Mine acts up when it's really hot or I'm run down and stressed, and it's worst behind my ears.

Here's a link to some info hun....
http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1336

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

Thanks for that link, I'll check it out now. I didn't even think of psoriasis, I will make an appt at the dr to get a proper diagnosis and see what he recommends. Thanks again.
I'd definitely go to the doctor, DD1 has developed it on her scalp lately and she scratched it so much she ended up getting an infection and needing antibiotics for it.
No worries Mum2RonJam......I've had it since I was teenager and it drives me nuts when it's so itchy all the time.

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

Try the Dermaveen Shampoo and Conditioner. It has worked wonders for my scalp. I had horrible excema for years that i couldn't get rid of, i tried everything and eventually tried the dermaveen and it has cleared it right up!!

my sister has eczema on her scalp she uses t gel shampoo. works pretty well i think

Sign in to follow this topic