Huggies Forum

Hypo allergenic santitary pads.... Lock Rss

Sorry the kids are entertained for 5mins so am asking all my questions now and will check back.....

OK so most know of my thrush issues..... it has cleared up but I am still noticing when I have AF I am still irritated but not thrush like.... it fiinally occured to me its happening from when I start using pads til the end of AF so I am actually thinking its the pads.... I don't use scented ones.... but wondering if there are HA ones out there??
Not sure but I went on the hunt and tried many brands to get rid of this issue.

Then the buggers changed them!!!

Anyway I complained and eventually found some that dont affect me.

FYI Libra are the ones I am ok with now.
Many women find cloth pads are a great alternative for dealing with these kinds of issues. You can get some gorgeous ones, too!

I don't get thrush, but I've noticed that my bleeds are lighter and my cramps are less painful when I use cloth.

I know you can get pure cotton ones that haven't been bleached etc. Can't remember the brand name but think it has "cotton" in it's name.............
I'm pretty sure the Cottons brand are. I have brought them a few times, they are lined with pure cotton. You can get them from woolies and coles.
Jess I am allergic to every brand of pad on the market, I have tried them all and get a horrible chafey/irritaion from them all. Some of the mums on here put me onto this

http://www.lunette.com.au/

And I used it for the first time for AF a fortnight ago. It may not be for you but I found it awesome, not gross at all, and best of all, no irritation at all. Plus the added bonus of not having the expense of pads or tampons every month, and you never have to worry about running out again, though I still will keep a few tampons in my handbag just in case. Thought I'd pass it on JIC it's something you might be interested in smile

Jess I am allergic to every brand of pad on the market, I have tried them all and get a horrible chafey/irritaion from them all. Some of the mums on here put me onto this

http://www.lunette.com.au/

And I used it for the first time for AF a fortnight ago. It may not be for you but I found it awesome, not gross at all, and best of all, no irritation at all. Plus the added bonus of not having the expense of pads or tampons every month, and you never have to worry about running out again, though I still will keep a few tampons in my handbag just in case. Thought I'd pass it on JIC it's something you might be interested in smile

Oooh happy to see another convert smile I love my lunette.

Every brand of pad I tried would leave me with NO skin with one use. When I got the lunette, I also got 2 free cloth pads which I use for really light days - or those days where you're feeling every 5 mins like it must have started! They don't irritate my skin. So I'd definitely recommend either.
tjhanks guys, I will try and find the cottons pads.... I have looked at the lunette cup and I would be interested but I HATE tampons and never use them which is what has put me off the cup....

Am hoping to be UTD soon anyway so am hoping apart from after birth I will be AF free fior the next 2 years or so..... tongue

tjhanks guys, I will try and find the cottons pads.... I have looked at the lunette cup and I would be interested but I HATE tampons and never use them which is what has put me off the cup....

Am hoping to be UTD soon anyway so am hoping apart from after birth I will be AF free fior the next 2 years or so..... tongue

I'm actually not a big fan of tampons either - though I used them anyway. But I often could feel them, and it was uncomfortable & either I'm weird, or couldn't use them properly, cos sometimes putting them in, they'd end up sideways! wth?!
I use Cottons, as I can't wear regular pads either, and they are great!! I never get any kind of irritation from them at all.
I get mine from Coles and Priceline.
Yes I found it. The very best sanitary pad ever created. It's the anion sanitary pad.

Not sure if I can post a link here but I bought it at www.bestprepgirls.com

it's 100% cotton and silk surface, with no bleach or recycle paper, and made with plant based polymer. Also absorbs more than ordinary pad. It's really dry.

I'm loving it.

Finally, some genius has thought about it! God bless!
Sign in to follow this topic