Huggies Forum

Gastro? TMI Lock Rss

Hi everyone
Ex DF said yesterday that he couldn't come to visit the kids as he had spent the night vomitting and had the runs the whole time and all yesterday. I said that I didn't want him around if there were any risk the kids could get sick or myself so agreed he shouldn't come. now this morning he has messaged and said he's feeling better but still has the runs a little and has asked if he can come see the kids.
My dilemma is this. We haven't had the best relationship in the past few weeks and I don't want to look like I'm keeping him form his kids and to be made out to be the bad person as always happens. But being a single mum I can't get sick and have no one to look after the kids. DD is 2yrs 4mths and DS is only 17 days old so really can't risk either of them getting sick.
I don't want to sa no to him coming but I know I have to.
He hasn't said if he has gastro but he has used this excuse about 4 or 5 times in the past 8 weeks and both DD and I had a mild dose of the runs about 5 days ago.
Should I be keeping him away?
Thanks for any advice.

I would be for at leats 48hrs. When my niece was born the fam got gastro and the hosp said for the tosaty away for 48hrs. Shenevr got sick but my son managed to catch it a whole week later.

I would be for at leats 48hrs. When my niece was born the fam got gastro and the hosp said for the tosaty away for 48hrs. Shenevr got sick but my son managed to catch it a whole week later.

I tend to agree that you should at least leave it for 48 hrs. Personally i wouldnt visit anyone else if i still had the runs (even if it was only a little bit, expecially if there are small kids as they catch things so easily.)
Thank you I have told him to stay away til tomorrow and see how he feels. Thanks again

Sign in to follow this topic