Huggies Forum

Chest Pains!! Lock Rss

The last few days ive been getting these chest pains on the right side of my chest just behind my breast when i breath in it bloodly hurts like crazy its like sharp stabbing pains and it goes through to my back, Has anyone experienced this before? What could it be?
i have had pains similar to that except my pain was more in the middle, about the size of a tennis ball, that went through to my back, kind of coming and going (not completly), like a squeezing stabbing pain and thought i was having a heart attack (i was only 21 lol), then after a few eepisodes, the last one put me in hospital. turned out to be gall stones and i had my gall bladder removed. in the previous 6 months i had lost about 20kgs (not intentionally) and thats why apparently. i got my pains after eating greasy food which i didn't do very often.

but go to the drs before it gets any worse and to rule out anything more sinister.

good luck!

The last few days ive been getting these chest pains on the right side of my chest just behind my breast when i breath in it bloodly hurts like crazy its like sharp stabbing pains and it goes through to my back, Has anyone experienced this before? What could it be?

Pinched.Nerve?
Strained.Muscle?
I.Used.To.Get.The.Eact.Same.All.The.Time,After.Many.Dr.Visits.AndRays/ultrasounds,I.Was.Diagnosed.With.This

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornholm_disease

Not.Sure.If.I.Believe.It.As.I.Have.Suffered.These.Attacks.Since.I.Was.4
Years.Old.Anyway.If.It.Continues,perhaps.Make.A.Dr.Appt.Good.Luck:)

i am a chiro (on mat leave) and it sounds a lot like a rib problem. does it hurt more when you take deep breaths? might need to see a chiro..

OHHH... I think i will make a DR app. Thanks ladies.
I get sharp pains too sometimes.. it feels like my heart or around that area and really hurts when I take deep breaths.. when it happens I just take shallow breaths to avoid the pain and it eventually goes away..
I've never been to the doctors about it.. maybe I should..
If it's on the right side of your chest you're not having a heart attack as your heart is on the left side.

It could be muscle strain, pinched nerve, rib out of joint or a lung problem. Have you had a cold lately? Do you smoke? Either of those can contribute to lung pain.

If you have not had any illness and don't smoke, neither have you done anything which could cause trauma to the lung, then I would probably go to the chiro first.

Oh and another question... do you feel breathless, like you can't get enough air?

Hey Chalys
I havent had a cold lately, and i definately dont smoke, could it just be from me being pregnant and bubs squashing my lungs??
Oh and and yes i do get breathless sometimes.

If it's on the right side of your chest you're not having a heart attack as your heart is on the left side.

It could be muscle strain, pinched nerve, rib out of joint or a lung problem. Have you had a cold lately? Do you smoke? Either of those can contribute to lung pain.

If you have not had any illness and don't smoke, neither have you done anything which could cause trauma to the lung, then I would probably go to the chiro first.

Oh and another question... do you feel breathless, like you can't get enough air?
I get pains also like a ball or a bubble wanting to pop.. its strange, I try to make myself stretch out and breath although it hurts so bad and then its like it just goes pop! And the pain goes away...
ok I just read your other post, it will be part of your preg.. everything getting pushed up and out the way for bub... Good luck for your preg and birth.
It might sound silly but it might be from something you've eaten. I had the same pains, more just under my right boob when I was pregnant and I asked my ob/gyn about them. She told me your stomach gets pushed right up under your ribs and off to the right towards the end of your pregnancy, so it could be a bad indigestion or wind!
Have you eaten something different in the last couple of days?
Hope this helps!
Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back.. been on holidays ! I would say its pregnancy related.. especially as u are breathless at times youre obviously all squashed in there. I went to a good chiropractor in my last months of.pregnancy every single.week for rib pain and she was awesome. There are lots of dodge Chiros around imo.. you just have to find one that is.right for you and then they are great for all pains great and small! smile

Sign in to follow this topic