Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

withdrawal method Lock Rss

Hi

Has anyone tried the withdrawal method and not gotten pregnant? There is quite a bit of recent research showing that if he pulls out in time every single time its safe because lots of studies show there is no sperm in pre-ejaculation.

What do you guys reckon?
NO!

ive never been game to try it as a form of contraception but i know A LOT of people who have beautiful children now thanks to that method laugh
However ive read posts from a couple of members on here who swear by it and say its worked for them for 10 years etc.
me personally, i wouldnt trust it though. or not so much "it" but my husband!!!

Hi

Has anyone tried the withdrawal method and not gotten pregnant? There is quite a bit of recent research showing that if he pulls out in time every single time its safe because lots of studies show there is no sperm in pre-ejaculation.

What do you guys reckon?

Yes we have for about 5 yrs BUT it is a lot of trust and faith at times. If you really dont want any more this is not the method to use.

It is a skill your dh will have to perfect. We are very fertile and have had one false alarm in that time. I personally will say I only trust it 90%.lol
the only way you are guaranteed to NOT get pregnant is to not have sex. no 'methods' including the pill etc are 100%.
We do it and havent had any er slip ups lol. When we decided to try for our second baby, I got pregnant first go, so there must be some truth to it!
i think perhaps its not so much the act of withdrawing that is ineffective, but the reliability of the man to actually do it in time every time. i dont know about other people but i know that when you're in the heat of the moment, stopping at the right time is not something i would leave in the hands of my hubby tongue
DH and I have been using it for about 8ish years smile
We have only ever had one 'mishap'. We called her Nyah grin
But, that is ONLY because DH didn't realise it was 'time'. He is normally right on top of things- so to speak tongue
So, yes, we find it very effective, although we're a little more nervous these days. DH is getting the snip this year hopefully.

LOL i was thinking of you with the slip ups 2 chicks tongue haha

LOL i was thinking of you with the slip ups 2 chicks tongue haha

Yes- I remember that play date tongue
So guys, We, um, had an , um, accident blink

And of course I was ovulating!

LOL a perfectly timed accident and what better way to announce it than at a play date hehehehe

which reminds me - we are well overdue!
Sounds lovely grin

It has worked for us for the past 2.5 years. Dh has his timing perfected by now but yeah there are definitely no guarantees with that method!

Sign in to follow this topic