Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

hysterectomy help ! Lock Rss

I havent bleed for 2 weeks and thought finally this mirena was starting to settle down after 7 months post insertion.

Now last night my stomach was bloated and i was getting sharpe pains down stairs and bingo im bleeding heavly today...

Now i go back to gyno in a week and have to say it still hasnt stopped completely, and he is going to bump my hysterectomy up the list.

Im scared of having a hysterectomy done, i don't wanna stay in hospital for 5 days and i don't want any more pain..

any one had a hysterectomy and can give me any advice

thanks

kelly
Is hysterectomy your only option?

There are other methods of permanent birth control that are less invasive, and you can be home within an hour of having them done..... and back to normal activities the following day

Would the Adiana or the Essure be something that you could have?
they are non-hormonal, easy to fit, and permanent/non-reversible...

I had the Adiana inserted in October 2010, and haven't had any complaints whatsoever - I recommend it, you may be able to ask your gyno about alternatives for you
Good Luck
My mum had one - after years of pain and heavy bleeding it was a relief for her. She was in hospital for about 5 days if I remember correctly. It was done laparoscopically - so she only had 3 small insertions. She had patient controlled analgesia (morphine running through a drip - all she had to do was press a button to administer a dose) for a couple of days so her pain wasn't too bad.

My mum had one - after years of pain and heavy bleeding it was a relief for her. She was in hospital for about 5 days if I remember correctly. It was done laparoscopically - so she only had 3 small insertions. She had patient controlled analgesia (morphine running through a drip - all she had to do was press a button to administer a dose) for a couple of days so her pain wasn't too bad.

It depends whether yours is done laparoscopically through the abdomen or the cervix. An open hysterectomy is usually only done when your abdomen is already open or if you have internal bleeding/tumours. Have they said what type you're having done?

Thanks for your replies

Gyno says i am having mine as all other medical treatment and pills have failed.

I am having mine done the non key hole surgery way....

I have had 3 c sections so from what i got in between my crying was going through c section scar but im not sure i herd correctly..

I go back to see gyno next week so will ask again
The size and mobility of your uterus are big contributing factors, in deciding how they will get it out.

If it needs to come out abdominally, there is really no choice.

Hope it all goes well gor you kell2009.

Off topic, but just in regards to the laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomys, they are not an alternative to the abdominal style. Your options are 1) Abdominal - caesar type scar
2) LAVH - stab sites to belly, with the uterus being removed
via the vagina
3) Vaginal - all done via the vagina
My point is, the option is not stab sites/caesar type scar, as with other laparoscopies. If it needs to come out of your belly, that is the only option. Whereas, if it is coming out of your vagina, there are 2 options. Sore vagina, or sore vagina and sore tummy - if that makes sense.

Good luck kell.
Sign in to follow this topic