These are my handy tips
* Try to remain on good terms with your child's mum or dad for the sake of the child
* Get agreements written up legally
* Use a good lawyer if you need one
* use your support network as much as possible
* Try to not to feel guilty (your child is much happier with one happy parent than 2 miserable parents living under the same roof)
* Take one day at a time and no matter what anyone tells you know that you are doing the best job you know how.
* Give your kids TIME, spend time reading to them, holding them, laughing with them, talking to them and telling them your proud of them and how much you love them
* Look after yourself physically and mentally - have time out, exercise, eat properly, spend time with friends and family, do the things you love, see a counsellor if you need to.
* Volunteer your time - sometimes this makes you realise that your situation is not that bad, some people have it a lot worse.
* Cry if you need to
These are some of the things that I have figured out along the journey, that is not to say I still don't have shit days because I do but in the end I think things work out for a reason.