Huggies Forum

working single mum Rss

Hi,

I'm thinking to go back to work. But, I'm worried I can't cope with it well alone, as I don't have any help. Can any working mum share their schedule? E.g. picking up your kids from childcare after work, what is your schedule at home throughout the night?
Hi,I'm a working singel mum of a 2 years old dd. I don't really have a schedule. I put dd in long day care and pick her up after work. Then cook and feed her, bath her, send her to bed and then clean up. I normally go to bed after 1am. I don't have any help either. Ex used to visit frequently but no sure what would happen later on. Haven't got any formal agreement on parenting arrangement. I feel realy stressed and start to have more physical problems now. How old is yours?
Hi mistyeve,

My DD is also 2 years old. OMG, you go to bed after 1am!! Then you probably only sleep 5 hours a day. I can imagine how hard it is. I always feel physically tired on doing all the works at home. Now, I do have time to teach and read for my DD. I'm worried if she would totally miss out all these things if I start to go back to work. How is your DD in long day care? Is she happy? Can she learn a lot of things there?
Dd cried a lot at first but now she would wave at me with a smile and rush over to play with the other kids. Don't worry too much if your dd cries when she starts childcare.They've got to go through it slowly.
Well, 1am is somewhat my choice, I feel like unwinding with a bit of connection with the outside world or some reading. Of course, if I'm not quick enough, I'd have deal with a lot of housework too because dd is an allergy kid I have to prepare her food every day.
I don't really have all that much to contribute, as I'm not in this stage yet but I will be. I am 21 weeks pregnant with my first, my ex left me and I'll be taking off work at 8 months and then returning after 6 weeks.. I work shift work, so I have to go through the Family Day Care Scheme, so I can have the baby watched all hours of the night/day/morning.
its so much easier then what you think... i went back to work full time when my DS was only 12 weeks old, as i needed to, my ex wouldnt help one bit...i put my DS in childcare for 4 days a week and my parents would have him once a week and i would go to work, pick him up, get home around 5.30pm feed, bath and play or read a book, and then its bed time at 7.30pm,i then had some time to quickly tidy up (a quick 15 or 20 mins) and then i had the rest of the night to myself...be in bed by 10pm though... dont stress to much, it will be ok smile
its so much easier then what you think... i went back to work full time when my DS was only 12 weeks old, as i needed to, my ex wouldnt help one bit...i put my DS in childcare for 4 days a week and my parents would have him once a week and i would go to work, pick him up, get home around 5.30pm feed, bath and play or read a book, and then its bed time at 7.30pm,i then had some time to quickly tidy up (a quick 15 or 20 mins) and then i had the rest of the night to myself...be in bed by 10pm though... dont stress to much, it will be ok smile
Sign in to follow this topic