Huggies Forum

coping being a single parent Rss

k so im guessing centrelink if the australian version of new zealands domestic purposes benefit-if im wrong let me know smile So i feel alot better after reading this, especially after the last few day thinking about my daughters father. We werent in a long term relationship before i fell pregnant but he was suppose to be supportive. He was never around during my pregnancy but always managed to find the time to verbally abuse me. He then met my daughter at 2weeks old and that was it-shes now nearly 10months old. He doesnt pay child support and i actually dont know where he is and i never meet his family as they dont want to be involved either-they havnt even seen her. It suits me fine as he is not the type of person i want to be around my daughter but it upsets me to think that it could affect her when shes older but we will deal with that when it happens.

I house share with my mum at the moment because if i was to move into our own place it would be in an area i dont feel safe in as i dont have much money. I only receive a DPB and i get penelised for not having her father on the birth certificate (he wouldnt sign it and if they hadnt received it within a time limit id get penelised again).

I get sick of people looking down upon me for having my mum around and for the sh!t i get from people for not knowing where her dad is but its not my fault.

I am happy, my daughters happy and i wouldnt have it any other way! Every morning when i look in her eyes i feel iv made the best decision even though it has being hard at times

Just hope that all these dead beat fathers stay away from our precious wee angels!!!
i have been a single mum since my daughter was born and that was just over 3 years ago. i guess i dont know how i cope because i still have my bad days i guess you just have to do what you have to do.

Sign in to follow this topic