Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

young single mum in vic Rss

hi all,

im a young single mum to a beautiful 3 yo daughter, living in melbourne's western suburbs.
looking for other mums/dads to talk to

Hi
My name is Natalie. I'm 24 and have a 2yr old DD and am 32 weeks pregnant with a boy. I have been a single mum since I was 15 weeks along with this one. I find it a struggle being a single mum mostly just mentally and emotionally though as I didnt choose for it to be this way so still adjusting. The kids dad comes around 5 nights a week which I think sometimes makes it a bit harder as I cant stand being around him sometimes but just suck it up because he needs to be here for our daughter and son when he is born.
I have family support but really dont have any single friends that are mums and understand.
Talk soon hopefully.

hii, i guess you would have guessed from my screen name my name is lauren. im 19 and DD turned 3 in august.
i sometimes struggle with single parenthood to but it teaches me so much everyday,
DD's dad has never been around but i can imagin that would be so hard to deal with, but its great that u are sucking it up for her and ur soon to be little boy i know that that must be hard to do.
i am the same i have my families full support but not any friends that are in the same sort of situation.

i am jackie, i am 26 i have a partner but still i get lonley during the day with no friends around i would love to meet new people.

i live in tarneit, so if your close i would love to meet up. my kids are nearly 6,soon to be 4 and 2.

izacc,ethan and mya

Hi again and hi to jackie
It is hard but I'm getting used to it just hard atm being so tired and trying to get ready for baby and stuff.
Jackie I live in wyndham vale. I did live in tarneit up til 2 months ago after splitting with my fiance.

I do go to a mothers group and one of them is single and has been since being pregnant but still not the same situation as me. He son's dad lives a few hours away and they get along well so it's alot easier for her whereas i have to look at my ex and everything he did is so raw. Im sure Ill be able to look at it differently soon enough (i have started to already) but atm Im not realy concentrating on that side of myself.
Just trying to get used to being a single mum and preparing for a new baby on my own when i thought his dad would be there but hey it doesnt always work out unfortuantely.
I do like being a single mum though. I have been able to implement different rules and things for DD so I think she'll be good when bubs comes home whereas I dont think that would have happened as easily if I were still with my ex.
Well enough rambling
Talk soon

yeah it would be hard to look at your ex all the time. ive been single but sorted out our issues with time out from each other, now its really good.

tiredness doesnt get easier my kids are 6,4,2 and they still make me tired, i dont get the sleep i used to.
cant wait till they sleep in till at least 7am. not 530-6am.

your welcome to come over sometime we can have play date kids can play while we chat.

now the weather is warming up (not raining) it makes it easier to catch up and go to parks and stuff.

izacc,ethan and mya

Hey my names shanay, sadly i dont live near wyndham vale lol i'm like 2 hrs away but I am looking to make new friends and talk to new people. I'm not a single mum I do have a boyfriend and he amazingly is incredibly helpful, he owns his own business and tries to helpme out as much as he can which I am very grateful as I don't have anyone else. I only have one little girl as I cannot have anymore children so i dont want her growing up too fast lol!
I tried the whole having time apart thinking he'd realise what he was missing out on by leaving but it backfired and became permanent im glad that its worked out for you
Tiredness is ok Abby sleeps well this morning she didnt get up til 9.30am but she does go to bed at 9pm so it's easier for her dad to see her and spend time with her altho ususally she still gets up earlier
play date sounds good i think the weather is playing tricks on us though spring looks wonderful for a few days then we get windy rainy miserable days lol thats melbourne for you

hi shanay nice to meet you its good you have a supportive boyfriend especially while running his own business. Thats one of the things that made my fiance and i split was stress and money worries coming from him trying to run his own business

well talk soon

I tried the whole having time apart thinking he'd realise what he was missing out on by leaving but it backfired and became permanent im glad that its worked out for you
Tiredness is ok Abby sleeps well this morning she didnt get up til 9.30am but she does go to bed at 9pm so it's easier for her dad to see her and spend time with her altho ususally she still gets up earlier
play date sounds good i think the weather is playing tricks on us though spring looks wonderful for a few days then we get windy rainy miserable days lol thats melbourne for you

hi shanay nice to meet you its good you have a supportive boyfriend especially while running his own business. Thats one of the things that made my fiance and i split was stress and money worries coming from him trying to run his own business

well talk soon

nice to meet you both as well smile it must be so stressful and hard to raise a child on your own? though i do know some women who say it is actually easier?

Yeah we are having alot of money troubles the bills just seem to keep on piling up, we have about 1000 dollars worth of bills sitting on the table and more and more money just seems to keep going into his business. He's spending more than he earns lol and it gets so stressful and aggravating, though we both do manage to keep communication with each other about it and try to work things out and pay off things slowly..I'm the one with the impatience and the temper so we kind of balance each other out lol
Sign in to follow this topic