Huggies Forum

Child Support Lock Rss

Im going through the Child care agency. Do they take the money auotmatically out of exs pay or does he pay them and pay me? AND when does centrelink change my payments? Do they wait till I have seen child support or before first payment is due? If that makes sense.
My ex pays child support through CSA and my DP pays his ex the same way and in both cases Child support automatically take it from there pay.I recieve a cheque from Child support every few weeks.Im not too sure about the centrelink payments but theyre all the agencies arejoined together so I think they change your payments when you recieve maintenance.

Im going through the Child care agency. Do they take the money auotmatically out of exs pay or does he pay them and pay me? AND when does centrelink change my payments? Do they wait till I have seen child support or before first payment is due? If that makes sense.

Yes your family tax benefit will be reduced depending on how much you get from child support. CS is total bullcrap anyway.

CS is total bullcrap anyway.

Why is it?

I know it will be cut and Iknow by how much buit Idiodnt hink to ask when it starts. Before I recieve first CS payment or after.

CS is total bullcrap anyway.

Why is it?

I know it will be cut and Iknow by how much buit Idiodnt hink to ask when it starts. Before I recieve first CS payment or after.
Make sure your on disbursement payments from CL as then your CS wont leave you with a large amount to back pay CL by accident if your paid more randomly throughout the year. Its the only way to go IMO if your CS is likely to come & go sporadically.
Which mine does even though its through the CS agency its NEVER regular and always different amounts even though the letter says he pays X amount every week. I dont see it.

DP does an automatic debit on a set date every month (he gets paid monthly) directly from his account to his ex's. The money doesn't go thru the CSA, but it is all declared from both sides (DP & ex) at tax time.

ETA there is a set agreement thru the CSA which is revised after tax returns are done each year but the money is transferred privately.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

If someone is majorly behind in their child support payments, it is then deducted from the payers wages, tax etc.

If the payer is on time, there is no issue

All payments are made via CSA.

What really sh**s us is that he has to cough up payments by the 7th of every month, but the payee does not recieve until at least 2 weeks later.

Hmmm, they are earning interest on the money in between. And that is coming from a CSA employees mouth!

Why is it?

The lowest payment the payee can receive is $365 per year, which is what I get. Its just a sore point with me at the present time.

All payments are made via CSA.

What really sh**s us is that he has to cough up payments by the 7th of every month, but the payee does not recieve until at least 2 weeks later.

Hmmm, they are earning interest on the money in between. And that is coming from a CSA employees mouth!

My ex pays directly into my bank account. They're not getting any interest from me grin You don't HAVE to pay through CSA. We have a private agreement,w hich means CSA say how much he has to pay per week/month/year, and we agree between us when & how.

nmjs - child support & centrelink payments are totally seperate to each other. Your centrelink payment will be affected by how much child support you're supposed to receive, but there's no way to say whther you'll be paid CS before or after CL payment, just depends on what is arranged in regards to CS - which depends on things like how often your ex gets paid & whether he pays it straight to you or goes through CSA (as pp's said, it can take a couple of weeks between him paying & you receiving if you go through them)
Thye have told me first payment will be taken on the 7th of Nov and ill recieve it the 17th of Nov, annoying but doesnt matter. My mum is telling me he has a 'choice' to pay it or if he continues to refuse then they will go through his employer and take it directly from his pay. Ithought thbeydtake it directly from his pay? Ive opted to go through cs because he is hopelss with money and Ik now I wont see it regulary even with an agreement through cs. Now I dont know whether to expect money or not :S

Sorry I meant my fmaily tax parts. I know they change and quite significantly but not sureif they chnage before I start recieving cs or after.

Im due for centrelink/family tax on the 5 Nov and again the 19th and supposably due for CS on the 17th.

Tannie80 I can understand what you mean, my dad went through that with my mumbut itdoesnt mean all CS islike that.

The lowest payment the payee can receive is $365 per year, which is what I get. Its just a sore point with me at the present time.

im supposed to get $12.99 a fn for ds so if my calculations are correct thats less than $365per year?

i WISH CS would take it directly from exs wages as then i might actually get it. apparently ex isnt far enough behind in his payments for them to take the money. i usually get a nice little surprise at tax time tho.

my CS payments are less cos of CS payments, but i dont get CS so i just get left out of pocket x2.

Sign in to follow this topic