Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Single Parenting
  5. How to get a non responsive dad to legally exit his children's lives so they can move on

How to get a non responsive dad to legally exit his children's lives so they can move on Lock Rss

My daughter has struggled to be the best mum to her children since getting away from an abusive ex but has the most trouble dealing with their need to have their dad in their lives.
They are all old enough now (apart from the youngest who doesn't actually know him) to understand how much he has and is letting them down. But they still write to him and try to get a response from him.
My daughter is concerned that the courts will give him rights he doesn't deserve and would like to have him simply sign his rights away as he has shown time and time again that he doesn't want to be a part of their lives.
He refuses to answer letters or ring the children and only tries to phone late at night when he is drunk and /or had a fight with his girlfriend. (My daughter refuses to take his calls at those times) He has deliberately not told them about his girlfriend or new baby daughter regardless of knowing they know about her. He stands over his girlfriend and tells her she is not to talk to my daughter or the children and doesn't want the children to have anything to do with each other.
Does anyone know how to write up something along these lines so she can try and get him to sign it?
Hi there, have your daughter keep a record of calls, letters, etc in a book and put that he doesn't respond or call etc, also maybe have a chat to a solicitor they maybe able to put you in the write direction smile smile hope this helps you out a bit
Hi there, have your daughter keep a record of calls, letters, etc in a book and put that he doesn't respond or call etc, also maybe have a chat to a solicitor they maybe able to put you in the write direction smile smile hope this helps you out a bit
Sign in to follow this topic