Huggies Forum

Ex's Family Lock Rss

Long story short my 8 month old daughters dad has gone to jail and wont be seeing her when hes out, his mum likes to see our child every month or two but im now wondering if i should carry this on or not as i dont really see how it will work once he is out of jail am i wrong to stop contact with his family?
I would let his mother see her Grandhchild. It's not her fault he made bad decisions in his life and I don't think his family should miss out on a relationship with her due to her fathers bad choices. I would make it clear that you don't want him seeing the baby when he is out though and make sure she understands that, but again depending on what crime he committed you may not be able to stop him from seeing his own child.
Has he said he doesn't want to see her when he is out or is that you making the decision? Just be careful as legally he may have rights depending on the crime committed. Also if his mum is wanting to be a part of her life I would personally allow that even if it was her coming to you, just me personally. Without all the details it is hard to comment.
Emel-2 wrote:
Has he said he doesn't want to see her when he is out or is that you making the decision? Just be careful as legally he may have rights depending on the crime committed. Also if his mum is wanting to be a part of her life I would personally allow that even if it was her coming to you, just me personally. Without all the details it is hard to comment.

Totally agree. If they want to be involved you can't say no. They could take further action and not make it a pleasant thing. Believe it or not they do have rights as grandparents. Even if you don't agree.

Sign in to follow this topic