Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Single Parenting
  5. Father not on birth certificate QLD

Father not on birth certificate QLD Lock Rss

HELP! My daughters father and I were in a casual relationship and he does not want to be named on her birth certificate... thit is proving to be more difficult than I thought.

I have called the registry of births and they have said for me to leave him off I need to write a statutory declaration for why he is not on it/why he hasn't signed it. My question is, do I need to put his details at the bottom where it has the parents statutory declaration even if he won't sign it? And if his details are down there, will that mean he is on the certificate?

Also, while I'm asking, if anyone has gone through the family courts for getting a maintenance order without the father on the birth certificate, can you please advise me of what the process was to get a DNA test and declaration?
Oh wow, that's a bit much to go through while you're pregnant. I really can't say anything about your actually position because i am in New Zealand, and i did not put my sons fathers name on his birth certificate. It was my personal choose and til this day he doesn't even know that. My initial thought in it all is that he left us for someone else before he was born, but i'm not trying to get my story out i just wanted to say that it was my choice. I decided to not put him on for the reason that he will get no say in the legal side of the system, and with the thought of it'll be my sons choice to know who his real father is if he really wanted to know it'll come from me, but girl its up to you, be strong and go with what you feel is the right thing to do whether it is to put him on there or not - do what you got to do!
Oh wow, that's a bit much to go through while you're pregnant. I really can't say anything about your actually position because i am in New Zealand, and i did not put my sons fathers name on his birth certificate. It was my personal choose and til this day he doesn't even know that. My initial thought in it all is that he left us for someone else before he was born, but i'm not trying to get my story out i just wanted to say that it was my choice. I decided to not put him on for the reason that he will get no say in the legal side of the system, and with the thought of it'll be my sons choice to know who his real father is if he really wanted to know it'll come from me, but girl its up to you, be strong and go with what you feel is the right thing to do whether it is to put him on there or not - do what you got to do!
Sign in to follow this topic