Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Single Parenting

stormymel

A question for single mums please Lock

Hi all I am doing a research on how stressful home life is for single mums and how they manage t...

1 reply

Hi, I'm in NZ and my kids are only 15m and 4m but I would be interested if you need =D

Struggling single mum Lock

I have been a single mum of 4 since I was 19 weeks pregnant and am currently 37 weeks pregnant wi...

9 replies

Danielle I have been reading your posts . Don't worry what others think about your martial status You are a mummy to five li...

mummiesPRINCESS08

lost Lock

i really dont know what to do, i have just had yet another issue with my dd who is almost4. every...

2 replies

I do a marble jar with my 4 year old (Who sounds similar to yours!) Hers is for listening (doing what she is told) and for being gen...

Sarah_Ashton

Nz legal advice Lock

Long story short - my ex sees our daughter 3hrs a week, and does not and never has seen our son a...

1 reply

Long story short - my ex sees our daughter 3hrs a week, and does not and never has seen our son at all. Now he doesnt want either. ...

kay8805

Any single mums want to do coffee groups? Lock

im 23 with a 3 year old and due with my 2nd within the month. was wondering if anyone would like...

New no replies
1down1tocome

Single mums Lock

Never thought I would be posting a topic in this section, but I am really starting to not only qu...

7 replies

Hey ladies, Thanks for your replies and a further development, i have found out that DF thinks i dont appreciate all that he does...

1down1tocome

Single mums with 2 little ones Lock

Never thought I would be posting a topic in this section, but I am really starting to not only qu...

1 reply

Hi I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. I hope you can find a way to be happy. In answer to your question regarding how...

kay8805

useless fathering Lock

just need have a rant right now about my ex...we have a 3 year old together and after splitting r...

10 replies

Thanks so much! I will start looking into a family lawyer. Another question was even if I name his as the father on the birth cert,...

Kc-Jay.x

Single mum in newcastle. Lock

Hi ladies!!! Im new here- Im currently in newcastle, mayfield. Im looking to meet some new friend...

1 reply

Hi their! Congrats on your bubba boy! Im 29 and a single mum too and I know how hard it can be at times. My little boy is 5 months o...

Sarah_Ashton

No-one respects my decisions! Grr. Lock

Im sick of having to justify my decisions about my ex to friends and family. DD (15m) sees her da...

1 reply

Unfortunately you cant make people see your way especially if they dont want to. I use to work in Children's Contact Service doing ...

Antiyem

what do I tell my girl? Lock

I have a wonderful little girl who's about 4 months old, her father is a true deadbeat, I havnt s...

4 replies

Hi ya, unfortunatly im in the same boat, my daughters nearly 6months and I often find myself wondering what im going to tell her. I ...

Sarah_Ashton

RANT! Lock

I'm boiling angry and can't sleep! About an hour ago, I recieved a private mail on facebook from...

4 replies

Ha, she sounds like my exs mum. Just ignore the silly woman, its just like what a pp said, you're the one looking after the little o...

Aboielle

single parents coffe group Lock

hey i just moved back to mount maunganui. im 22 with shared custody of my 2 year old son. finding...

2 replies

Hi,my name is jess and I have a 9 month old son. I live in napier which is a shame as I am also really wanting to meet up with some...

Tilly08Annie11

Single young mums Lock

Hi I am 21 have to kids on my own. Matilda 3 (16/04/08) and Annabel newborn (17/04/11) Please jo...

16 replies

hey im 22, have a 2 (nearly 3) year old boy, Jayden. Have just broken up with his father and share custody of Jayden. live in mount ...

miss-giggles

My ex kept our baby a secret, to tell or not to tell ? Lock

So my then partner and I lived together and worked on the same farm. We decided things were just ...

9 replies

Wow I think your idea of writing a letter is perfect. Like you said id get to write down everythng I feel and state clearly my reaso...

Candice-Ivy

Advice On Full Custody Lock

Hi everyone, My name is Candice and I have a 3 month old daughter. Her father from the moment he...

7 replies

Hi Candice, I'm in the same boat, although had not considered full custody... and I think its a VERY good idea, I'll now be pursuin...

Sarah_Ashton

Advice please! Lock

my daughters father sees her once a week every sunday, his mother picks her up and takes her to e...

2 replies

Wow that really is a hard one. I am also a solo mum to a 4month year old baby girl. Her father has only seen her a couple times stra...

Tannie80

Hello Lock

Hello just wanting to say hello to everyone again and see how you all are doing. My daughter is o...

1 reply

Hello; Im doing really well. How are you? I cant believe my son is 6 months. He is sooo big now. For christmas this year, all my fa...

Amy2014

Need Some Advice Please Lock

Where to begin... I am nearly 25 and I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) wh...

12 replies

Sounds like you're doing well! I'm so happy you have an extra 4 year bracket. Being a mum is an amazing experience, and it wouldn't ...

Kelzah

Advice regarding custody Lock

My cousin has been threw this, she has a daughter and split with her ex sounds very similar to yo...

2 replies

If you havent heard from him in 6 months then maybe its better to leave it alone rather than dig it all up, you may actually end up ...

Selenatabitha

Advice needed on visitation and rights Lock

I'm a 29 year old single mother with a 8 month old son. Here is the history, I was in a relation...

5 replies

You should be aware that if you go to mediation, they will probably award him a lot more than just every second weekend. You'll lik...

Thefunkyjandalcafe

Summer Holidays Lock

Ok I am just going to throw this out there and see what comes of it. Summer holidays / Camping c...

2 replies

That's a great idea! I have actually never been camping in my life (aside from four days at Fourth Form camp) but I would love to, ...

Tee & Baby

Your best advice Lock

Hi all, I am expecting baby number one in November and will be going at this alone with no suppo...

23 replies

Sorry for the late reply! Gosh yes we surely do!! lol definitely learnt a lesson there your aqua jogging sounds awesome! I loved th...

Love being a mummy

.............. Lock

New no replies
Thefunkyjandalcafe

Fathers Day Lock

So tomorrow is fathers day. I'm a solo dad. Not feeling overly inspired and I know my boys mum h...

5 replies

Ive been a single mum for a whole of about 4 weeks. I dont know what to do or what i should do in future. Today I am just at home wi...

celestialstarco

finding somewhere to live. Lock

So, I'm planning on leaving my partner. Well, I need to leave my partner, otherwise I'm going to ...

3 replies

just a thought if you haven't moved out yet but you've picked a date to move go to or call the local police just incase anything doe...

Lochie07

Centrelink Lock

Hi Everyone, I'm the proud mummy of a little boy and have been on my own since my now ex left wh...

3 replies

i think you have to staying together 3 nights a week for them to count you as living together but unless he earns alot you wont lose...

Roseymo

I need advice! Lock

I need visitation advice for my 7 month old, can you help?? Bit of background... I'm 27 years ol...

1 reply

I think what you are doing is more than reasonable. I am in a similar situation. His dad takes him 2 or 3 nights a week. We do s...

Ash_Nevada

Child support Lock

I have recently separated from my partner and am looking into going on to a benefit etc. I have ...

New no replies
Tannie80

Child support Lock

Just a vent about bloody child support Got my new assessment and whoa I dont wanna sound lik...

32 replies

Ok, my daughters father HAS a job, and has had this job since October! He has failed to inform CSA which is pretty usual for him as ...

Thefunkyjandalcafe

Single Dad looking for friends Lock

Hi There I'm a 33 year old Single Dad. I have my 2 awesome boys 4 days a week full time. My Kid...

1 reply

Hi Andrew I live in Aus but just thought I'd say g'day and welcome to huggies! There's a wealth of help and support you'll find on ...

dinkles73

Just left my husband Lock

Hi, I have just left my husband, and now need to deal with centrelink. I am very stressed and exh...

3 replies

Hi there, I'm Marian, I work for Centrelink. There are several Centrelink payments available for families, including Parenting Paym...

mumaS2A<3

wanted to introduce myself :) Lock

hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself! im almost 18w with my frist. my babies father refuse...

12 replies

Totally agree with 'i love my bubba'. I'm going through this same debate about whether or not to put DF's name on the birth certifi...

Mrogie

Single parents out there Lock

Hi Single Parents. I'm a single mum of a three year old little boy, and love it, although I thin...

13 replies

You've probably already done your thesis, so sorry for my late response... you know the hardest thing I found about being a single m...

Amj18

Single mum, no father at all to speak of, completely unexpected! Lock

I found out last week that I am 5 weeks pregnant after being hospitalised with severe abdominal p...

3 replies

I found out last week that I am 5 weeks pregnant after being hospitalised with severe abdominal pain. I am terrified! Unfortunately...

Me&Munchkin

Over it Lock

Not over being a mother, but over being so lonely all the damn time...I've been single now for ne...

4 replies

Thank you I just need to put myself out there so I make new friends I guess, but yes it's very difficult when you've got a little ...

What are your fave names Lock

hi I am Amelia and my friend Amie. Amie has just had twins and doesn't know what to call them. S...

2 replies

hi all we really need help

mum ma

Food problems at dads house Lock

HI, hoping my post is in the right spot. My ex and i have a beautiful healthy 2 and a half year ...

4 replies

I would probably speak to Dad about it. I have nothing against the odd dose of junk food and my DD probably has Maccas once a fortn...

frist baby Lock

hi i am amelia i am 19 and single.Due to have my frist baby in the next 2 weeks so if i can get ...

4 replies

Wow congrats on bub. How very exciting. I'm a single mum too i've had a hell of a time through the entire pregnancy until now. He is...

Eceaway

Seeking altruistic egg donor for single female Lock

Unlike the majority of others seeking egg donors I’m single, and as the clinic I’m at has a cut o...

2 replies

Best of luck finding your donor quickly.. xx Can I suggest you try the "recipients guide" resource at www.eggdonationaustralia.com?...