Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Huggies Sharing tools
  4. Kids Recipes
  5. Easiest MEATBALLS ever!! My new Gluten and Egg Free Recipe of the week!

Easiest MEATBALLS ever!! My new Gluten and Egg Free Recipe of the week! Lock Rss

So my wee man (10months old) gets rashes when he has gluten or eggs so I am forever trying out new recipes that he will like, last week was doughnuts but I'm not here to talk about them. Im here to tell you about the meatballs I have just made. I have never made or even eaten meatballs before so I'm really stoked with how these have turned out!
I'd love for someone to try them and tell me what they think, they may be dry but im not sure because I have nothing to compare them with, they didnt seem dry to me.
These are so easy kids could make them.
Ok here we go:

500g mince
1/3 cup oat bran or cooking rolled oats (I used Healtheries Ground LSA, Super Grains which is what I make his porridge out of)
2tsp garlic chopped fine
Your favourite combo of herbs - fresh or dried (I used about 2tbsp of mixed fresh rosemary, chives, parsely and marjoram)
A couple shakes of black pepper
1/2 Cup water
2tbsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce

Mix it all together and form small balls and bake them on a tray lined with baking paper on FanBake 150 degrees Celcius for 30 minutes. I turned them over for the last 5 minutes.

Makes around 30 depending on the size of them. (Obviously they dont have to be Gluten free, just add normal oats and normal soy sauce or beef stock)

My wee man had a blast first eating them in pieces and then munching down on a whole meatball, perfect finger food!

We had them with some mashed potato and silverbeet, (he loves silverbeet because its like tissue paper) DD (9yrs) covered hers in tomato sauce of course.

If anyone does actually try this, I hope you and your kiddies like them as much as we do!
Hi Earthgoat smile
I'll give these a try, we are doing BLW an haven't tried meatballs as yet smile
How's the sleeping going?

Sign in to follow this topic