Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Premmie Babies Lock Rss

Willing to talk to others who have had a prem baby, to share experiences, and how well they are doing now.
My little boy Lucas was born on the 6th of August, and was 9 weeks early. He was 3p8oz, 48cm in length. The first 5 weeks of his life was spent in the Special Care Nursery.
Now that he is home, he is thriving. He is going on 4 months, and weighs just over 9 pound.
Hope to hear from you.
Tan
Hi Tan,

My little boy was born 6 weeks prem on the 19th August. My waters broke when I was 30 weeks and he managed to hold on in there for a further 3 weeks! He was 4lb 8oz at birth. He spent 3 weeks in SCBU before coming home. He is now 13 weeks and he is now 10lbs exactly...... He is doing so so well... i hope your little boy is doing the same.
Hi Tani
Just to let you know that when I was born I was also 9 wekks premy and 3pd 8oz. Am now 40 and expecting my first child in July next year. Never looked back! hope all is well.
Hi, my name is Liz & I am a first time mum.

My little boy's name is Liam Joseph & he was born on 26 August 2005 at 29 weeks/6 days gestation (10 weeks/1 day early - due on 5 November 2005). He was born 1342 grams (2 lb 15 & 1/2 oz), head chircumferance 26.5 cms & length was 44 cms on discharge from hospital (I don't know why it wasn't done when he was born). We don't know why he decided to come early but I was fully dilated & he was a breech baby, so an emergency ceasarean it was.

After 6 & 1/2 weeks in the NICU (who were great) we were allowed to take him home & he has been thriving ever since (he has now tripled his birth weight). Liam is now 17 weeks/1 day old (7 weeks corrected today). He was weighed yesterday & is now 4300 grams (9 lb 7 oz) (head circ 35.7 cms / length 54.5 cms).

He is a very good baby apart from hating being wrapped & his nappy changed. And although he likes to fight every feed I am very proud to say that he is still being fully breastfed.
Liam is beginning to smile more & more, makes cooing sounds & has discovered that his right thumb or fist is a good substitute for his dummy.

I look forward to making contact again.

Have a Merry Christmas & a safe & Happy New year.

Liz

Liz, NSW - Liam 26/08/05

Sign in to follow this topic