Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Birth Announcements
  5. Our new little dude has arrived

Our new little dude has arrived Lock Rss

Rowan Joseph was born 28/02/2012 at 5.45pm weighing 9lb 5 1/2oz (4235grams), 54cms long and HC of 36cms. Labour wasn't the greatest but what labour is grin
I woke up on Tuesday morning and found it hard to get out of bed and hard to walk. Didn't get my first contractions until about an hour after I woke up. They were coming irregular but I didn't think I was really in labour as I had been getting some nasty tightenings on and off for a few days before. I called the hospital around 7.30ish as the pains were pretty nasty and becoming regular and because we live 40 mins from the hospital I didn't want to risk stuffing around and we still had to drop off our 2 DS's to my parents. We got to the hospital at about 9.30 and they did an internal and I was only 2cms and the contractions were not coming regular so the midwife told me not to drive all the way home but to go for a walk and drive and go back later when I was getting 3 contractions in 10 mins. By 2pm I'd had enough and the contractions were coming hard and 3 in 10 so back off to the hospital we went. The midwife did another internal and I was 4cms so she broke my waters at 2.30pm. I had gas and morphine for the pain and by 5.45pm Rowan entered the world. His shoulders got stuck also but I didn't tear or graze which was great. He is a great baby and pretty much drinks, poos, wees and sleeps grin
Both DS's love him to bits. grin

congradulations smile
Congrats on the birth of Rowan! Thats good that your other boys are getting along with him so well.

Congratulation,s on birth of your darling rowan .

Take care of yourself
Congrats! Cute name wub

Rowan Joseph was born 28/02/2012 at 5.45pm weighing 9lb 5 1/2oz (4235grams), 54cms long and HC of 36cms. Labour wasn't the greatest but what labour is grin
I woke up on Tuesday morning and found it hard to get out of bed and hard to walk. Didn't get my first contractions until about an hour after I woke up. They were coming irregular but I didn't think I was really in labour as I had been getting some nasty tightenings on and off for a few days before. I called the hospital around 7.30ish as the pains were pretty nasty and becoming regular and because we live 40 mins from the hospital I didn't want to risk stuffing around and we still had to drop off our 2 DS's to my parents. We got to the hospital at about 9.30 and they did an internal and I was only 2cms and the contractions were not coming regular so the midwife told me not to drive all the way home but to go for a walk and drive and go back later when I was getting 3 contractions in 10 mins. By 2pm I'd had enough and the contractions were coming hard and 3 in 10 so back off to the hospital we went. The midwife did another internal and I was 4cms so she broke my waters at 2.30pm. I had gas and morphine for the pain and by 5.45pm Rowan entered the world. His shoulders got stuck also but I didn't tear or graze which was great. He is a great baby and pretty much drinks, poos, wees and sleeps grin
Both DS's love him to bits. grin

Congrats smile Wow where have the last 9 months gone, I remember when you first got pregnant smile Huge congrats

Congrats I love his name smile
Congratulations!

A big congratulations to you and your family...well done grin
congratulations on your little boy, glad the big brothers are happy too smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Congratulations! smile welcome lil Rowan, I love your name

Congratulations!!!! Thats fantastic news... So happy for your family!! laugh laugh laugh
Sign in to follow this topic