Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Worried for my sister Rss

My sister's just miscarried for the second time. I miscarried a year ago, as well. It took me a couple of rounds of IVF to finally get pregnant, this time. I'm really worried about her. Could this issue be genetic, ladies? Should I suggest her to go for IVF? I think it's the safest option for her.
Oh no, the poor thing! I'm glad she has someone experienced with her. There can be many reasons behind this. Miscarriages mostly happen due to chromosomal abnormalities. Not necessarily, but this could be the reason for your sister's MC. I would still advise her to see a doctor. Get a professional opinion. IVF makes sense, definitely. You had success with it, too. It definitely can be an option. There are other methods of assisted conception as well. For example, IUIs are also something that people normally opt for. Either way, an expert opinion is the main way to go about it. Good luck to her! Sending baby dust her way.
Hi, Natasha. Thank you so much for your input. This was actually very helpful. I'm a bit biased towards IVF. I think it's more of a reliable option than IUIs. I think IUIs end up being really expensive, even though the initial cost is less. However, the problem is that it's going to be hard to convince her! However, we've made some inroads with that! She saw her doctor, yesterday. Her doctor confirmed that she has a better chance of conceiving if she goes for IVF. That's definitely helpful. I think I'm going to give her a week to prepare herself, mentally. There are quite a few options, but I think I'll take her to the clinic where I went to. Her husband also thinks it's a good idea. So, fingers crossed, things work out for her!
Happy to be of help. It's good to see her not wasting any time. It really is key, you know. I had a great experience, myself, with assisted conception. It's the future! Remarkable technology, combined with great professionals, specifically at the clinic where I went to. So like most soccer moms, I consider myself to be really tech-friendly. Which is why I'm very reliant on the internet. So, when I found out that I was unable to conceive, naturally, I searched up the web for solutions. I was an expert by the time I consulted my doctor, haha. She suggested that it would be a very good decision to consider IUI. I don't give up easily, so it took me multiple rounds, but on the fifth attempt, we hit jackpot! We're due in April and really excited about it! Here's to your sister, and I hope she gets to experience this too! Good luck to her.
Congratulations, Natasha! April is really close. This is amazing news. I'm really happy for you. IUI does increase in fertility with every cycle. I'm so glad you did not give up! It would've been really difficult. Anyone else would've probably given up. I don't think I would've pulled through, haha. I hope you get to experience a healthy pregnancy. Hopefully, things will run smoothly for you. Of course, and, thank you for kind words. The good thing is, I've managed to convince her, too. She's looking forward to the procedure. Hopefully, she finds success, too! Baby dust.
Thank you for your kind words, Rebeca. It really wasn't that hard, to be honest! You underestimate yourself, haha. I'm really happy that you've managed to convince your sister. You've done a great job. My prayers are with her. Good luck to her!
RebecaM wrote:
My sister's just miscarried for the second time. I miscarried a year ago, as well. It took me a couple of rounds of IVF to finally get pregnant, this time. I'm really worried about her. Could this issue be genetic, ladies? Should I suggest her to go for IVF? I think it's the safest option for her.

Hi. I'm sorry to read about your sister's strugglings. mc is too dreadful to face. it definitely leaves a huge scar. but I hope time will heal her wounds and soon she'll get her problem nailed and will proceed with treatments. I'm also sorry for the mc you've gone through. I truly don't think this is a genetic issue. So far it sounds to me like a coinsidence. I'm glad you've found your solution via IVF. As for your sister, I believe she needs more investigations done on the point. Help her to find the reputable fertility expert, who'll study her case well. He'll want her to pass more testings to state the reason which prevents her from healthy pregnancy. You're a kind lovely taking her needs at heart. She needs you. she's so lucky to have you by side. All the very best to you, if you need any info about repro centers, do let me know.
RebecaM wrote:
Hi, Natasha. Thank you so much for your input. This was actually very helpful. I'm a bit biased towards IVF. I think it's more of a reliable option than IUIs. I think IUIs end up being really expensive, even though the initial cost is less. However, the problem is that it's going to be hard to convince her! However, we've made some inroads with that! She saw her doctor, yesterday. Her doctor confirmed that she has a better chance of conceiving if she goes for IVF. That's definitely helpful. I think I'm going to give her a week to prepare herself, mentally. There are quite a few options, but I think I'll take her to the clinic where I went to. Her husband also thinks it's a good idea. So, fingers crossed, things work out for her!

Fertility treatments are like a gamble. And a lot of clinics just want to make profit from it. Sadly enough, but docs tell us to try less invasive procedures before moving onto more invasive ones. Like you've said IUI costs less.but if it takes you numerous rounds it turns out even more expensive than undergoing 1-2 rounds IVF. My heart also goes for ICSI procedure. you know, when the sperms are directly injected to the eggs in the lab. so there's more chance it's a match. Of course every treatment must fit every individual case and be appropriate. So it's often useful to ask for more opinions before rushing onto procedures. And one should rememer that a good well reputable clinic won't make you pass unnecessary treatments. Dr will invent the best plan for your very case. Bio texcom, for example, has a sort of ''guaranteed'' treatments plans. Meaning you get unlimited number of shots. but in case you fail to get prego after 5 rounds in a row - they refund ALL money paid back!! The clinic must feel sure about the outcome if they let you opt for this package. Not insisting though. Just some of my personal thoughts.
Sign in to follow this topic