Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

My Miracle Boy. Lock Rss

I have only just dicovered this forum but I would like to introduce to you all our little miracle. His name is Ryan Edward Petfield. He was born on the 3rd May, 2005 by a general anesthetic ceasar at 36wk 2days at The Mater Mothers. Weight 4410grams/9lb 11 1/2oz & 53cm long.
He is our miracle because we have had 2 miscarriages, a failed 7mth fertility treatment after 20mths of trying naturaly and due to a genetic chromosome imbalance I have when I did fall pregnant we only had a 50/50 chance that the baby was going to be OK (healthy) if I didn't miscarry. Two mths after stopping treatment I fell pregnent with our little boy naturally. I honestly thought it would never happen.
We had an extremely rough pregnancy, I got gestational diabetes requiring 4 insulin shots a day & five glucose tests per day and 12 blood pressure tablets a day, and I also had group B strep and hemeroids and vomiting reflux. I had 3 failed CVS tests done, 1 failed amneo done & 1 successful amneo. Every time the doctors did these proceedures there was a chance that I could miscarry. Due to my diabetes & blood pressure I was admitted to the Mater 3 times in six weeks. Ryan was born by ceasar early due to my health & his size. He stayed in Special Care for two weeks. It was so hard to leave him there and come home but he is home now and is doing wonderfully.
We are so bless to have him it always brings tears to my eyes every time I look at his beautiful face it was worth all the pain and anguish we went through over the years. My husband and I just had celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary and it was wonderful that he is here to share it with us.

Ryan, 3rd May, 2005

Congrats, wishing you all the best now and for the future.

URL=http://blingee.com/blingee/view/62304287-Sien

Well done Janelle & congrats,what a beautiful gift you have,i too get tears in my eyes when i look at my beautiful daughter.He was a big boy like my Lilla,she was 5010grms(& i did'nt have gestational diabetes)Welcome to the site,you will find it very helpful.
Take care of yourself & your new little miracle
Nikki

Congratulations Janelle, I am only new to this site aswell. My baby girl was born on the 4th of May 2005. She is such a gift! As is your boy. We started treatment due to complications with my Endometriosis but were very lucky to fall pregnant early on. You have been through so much!! I still look at my Daughter Bree and feel so blessed to have her. I hope you enjoy every moment with Ryan. You sure do deserve happiness. Treasure the little fella!!

Kate, Bree 4/5/05 & Gemma 8/2/07

Congratulations i am very gad to hear everything went well for you.
Take care
mel

Hi there smile

Congrats on the birth of your very healthy boy smile

Your son is born on my DD's bday she is 2. And like your son my DD was big born as well she was 4710grms / 10lb 6oz at 39wks. It must be that day for big baby's! Imagine if you went over! I dont like to think of that either.

Alanna,VIC DD 030503 DS1 290605 & DS2 040407

Sign in to follow this topic