Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Annisse has arrived! Lock Rss

I am new to this site and its amazing! I'm a first time mum, my babygirl Annisse arrived at 00.48 on 21 May 2005 after many complications.I had a wonderful pregnancy, falling pregnant one month exactly before my wedding. I only suffered slight morning sickness and back ache. Once I reached approx. 7 1/2 months I started to get all of the symptoms of pre-eclampsia. I was so swollen it was awful! The midwives didn't take me seriously when I went to the appointments until my last appointment which was 6 days before my due date. It was a different midwife and she sent me straight into the hospital to get checked out. Finally! When the doctor checked me he told me I was going to be induced immediately. I was put on an oxyocin drip and a magnesium drip straight away, and had my waters broken. Within 10 minutes I was having full force contractions 1 1/2 minutes apart. I laboured like that for 10 hours, and during this time my kidneys failed and the baby was obstructed. The doctor came and checked me and I was only 2cm dilated but in a pretty bad state. I asked for an epidural at 9 hours and when the anaethatist came an hour later it took him 45 minutes and 4 tries to get it in. It hadn't even had time to work when they whisked me in for an emergency caesarian. It was scary but I was so relieved it was about to be over. During the caesarian I also haemmoraged and lost a litre of blood. Despite all of this I had my husband and Mum by my side through-out the whole ordeal and couldn't thank them enough for their support. I have been on cloudnine ever since. We named our baby girl Annisse Sonnet, she was 7lb 9ozs, 49cm long, head circumference of 35cm, and jaundice. We are so proud of our baby, she is amazing. I would do it all again in a heart-beat!

Renee, Vic, 3mth baby girl

Congratulations and wish you and your family the best of luck. I hate to sound like my mother-in-law, but they do grow up so quickly! It feels like yesterday that I was planning my son's 1st b'day, and I have started planning his second b'day already! Although I gave my son life, he has mostly given me life, and it sounds as though you feel like that about your girl too. Take care. xox

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

Congratulations all the best wishes coming your way.
Take care
mel

congratulations! seems like everything should go along smoothly! well done

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic