Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Anti-depressants during pregnancy Lock Rss

I have been battling depression for the last 12 months, Dr originally had me on Zoloft which I stopped taking when I found out I was pregnant and made a decision to just try and battle my way thru the pregnancy without drugs as nobody could seem to give me a clear answer on the effects of anti-depressants during pregnancy.

So far have seemed to manage ok, although at the moment the dark/down days are starting to creep back with a vengence so I went to my Dr and got another prescription - this time for prothiaden 25mg. The Dr said she would give me a low dose so bubs would not have any withdrawls when he was born. When I had the script filled the pharmacist off course questioned whether my Dr was aware I was pregnant, I gave her a quick run down on what the doctor said and she said it depends on how late in the pregnancy you keep taking it.

Now I'm not sure what to do - I'm 30 weeks pregnant, do I continue perservering on my own or do I take the tablets?

Is there anyone who has taken them during pregnancy with no side effects on bubs?

Lee
I'd check back with my doctor if I was in your shoes. You don't want to have to worry about it's effects at a time like this. I was told by my doctor there are ad's you can safely take during pregnancy and breastfeeding (I was on one) I wouldn't feel comfortable with one that is "OK in small doses.."
Sounds like you need to have some medication, but you also need to feel safe about taking it in your condition.

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

Sign in to follow this topic