Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

PND and pregnancy.. Lock Rss

I have a 12 month old daughter and was diagnosed with PND 6 months ago.. initially I was prescribed Lovan and things were going ok..

Since then I have become pregnant again.. and had to change my medication to Zoloft, I'm not sure if it's the meds or the hormones of pregnancy but I feel so terrible.

Instead of being excited about our coming addition to the family I am stressed and constantly worry that I might not be able to cope. I feel more and more disconnected from my 12 month old daughter and dread the days with her.

I feel like I want to sleep forever and just read my book so I dont feel my pain. When I read.. or play mind numbing games like solitaire on the computer it feels temporarily ok.. but its only a brief distraction.

I feel trapped and just want it to go away!!

Has there been anyone out there that has had PND and then conceived and it has gotten worse? Or taken Zoloft while pregnant?

Please reply
D

Hi D,

i am taking zoloft and actually went to my gp today as i feel that i am worse than what i was 12 months ago, he said its because my dose wasnt strong enough, i was taking 1/2 of a 50mg tablet a day, he has upped this to 1 a day to see how i go. you may need to adjust your dose..feel free to pm me if you want to chat or post in the thread called to all the women, they are lovely girls in there and we are all becoming friends which is good as we all understand what each other is going through

big hugs

shez

Sign in to follow this topic