Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

post natal depression Lock Rss

I have a 2 yr old and a 11 week old and i feel like i am losing my mind.....all i do is cry or get angry. i cant control how i react to the basic of problems. i feel useless how am i suppost to play n enjoy my children when the moment i hear them cry i wanna scream n run out. my husband doesn't help, he is really lazy now that no.2 has arrived. he makes me feel guilty like i should be super mum or maybe that just me. i no whats wrong with me but i am scared. if i admit this to someone i know, am i just going to feel worse? like everyone is judging me. i feel that way now.........
i feel EXACTLY the same way. sad i dont know wat to do either... hang in there chik. ive just had my first he is 8 weeks old. didnt think it would be like this...
smile nawww it will get better
if your feeling really down talk to someone about it
maybe a doctor or someone you can really trust
get some sleep when you can and some ME time when your babies are sleeping

i have been through this myself and i promise you there is a light at the end of the tunnel smile
yea it not what i thought either. hang in there too. 1 day at a time i am telling us both.
please see your GP. you dont have to tell anyone you know if you dont want to.

when i had my DD almost 3 years ago i was a mess by the time she was 2 months old. I was a wreck. I didnt feel any love towards her, i resented her, i didnt want to be a mum, i wanted my life back, no one understood me and all i did was cry myself to sleep each night.
I saw a GP i had never seen before so that if they judged me i could just never go back again (thats how scared i was of telling anyone)
She was not judgemental. She got me to fill out a survey in which i score quite high (which showed i was quite severely depressed) and then she referred me on to a mental health plan in which i was entitled to x amount of free counselling sessions. I also got a prescription for antidepressants and as much as i hated that i was on meds, they saved me. They helped to balance my moods out. They didnt make my problems go away but they allowed me to function. They allowed me to get dressed, feed my baby, hang my washing out, without having to psych myself up for it. I didnt cry because i spilt my cup of tea. I didnt want to shave my head because my hair was all messy. Simple tasks that i seriously struggled with before, became doable.

So what im trying to say is, if you feel that you are depressed, you NEED to seek help. You owe it to those beautiful kids of yours and you owe it to yourself to be happy.
I dont remember much of the first 6 months of my daughters life because i couldnt see through all the tears. I regret that now because i will never get those days back.
Please dont suffer needlessly, and get help.
Thank you, im in tears again smile but tears because someone finally understands me n how hard it fells just to brush my hair when i get up. ill take your advice and i will go to a different doctor as mine is well known by all my family.Thank you.
glad to have helped.
if you ever want to chat, feel free to PM me.
i do know how it feels. And it does get better IF you get help.
Good luck at the doctors, just tell them exactly how you feel. The worst that can happen is you'll feel stupid and they wont help you. And the best that can happen is you'll get your life back and you'll be happy again and be able to enjoy your children.
xox
I have a 2year old son and a 14wk old daughter who have both had colic, reflux and milk protein alergies. I am feeling exactly the same as you, I cant stand being around anyone, the slightest thing makes me so incredibly angry. I cant handle my children and I feel like I hate my partner and want to leave him. Nothing makes me happy anymore, im either angry or sad for the entire day. Iv been to thr dr and Iv tried taking citalapram since the birth of my daughter but iv found it makes me sleepy and have no concentration and I just feel like a zombi So I have never taken them for more than a week, this week i started taking Avanza and again they have just made me sleepy and unable to cope with 2hourly feeds during the night. We currently live with my partners parents and I feel that no one understands what Im going through, im so incredibly stressed all the time which is why is always so angry. My partner told me today he has had enough of me being angry, is he kidding me!! He doesnt try help to reduce the stress, this morning he thought it would be a good idea to take both kids to the farmers sale, there was so many people there which made me anxious and stressed anyway and then both my kids were crying, I honestly thought I was going to have a panic attack and then he comes at me with Im sick of you being mad. Then he said I treat our kids badly, yea cuz telling me that is really going to help. Im just completely over everything, what am I ment to do, I cant keep trying these antidepressants when the time they take to kick in makes things worse

GBH to you babe!! I would go to your GP ASAP as what u are feeling is normal to a point but when u start feeling hatred and wanting to either harm urself or others or things like that its not right.Having babies isnt easy, they dont come with instructions and u cant get a refund either, please go see a gp or counsellor they can and will help you!!

I have a 2year old son and a 14wk old daughter who have both had colic, reflux and milk protein alergies. I am feeling exactly the same as you, I cant stand being around anyone, the slightest thing makes me so incredibly angry. I cant handle my children and I feel like I hate my partner and want to leave him. Nothing makes me happy anymore, im either angry or sad for the entire day. Iv been to thr dr and Iv tried taking citalapram since the birth of my daughter but iv found it makes me sleepy and have no concentration and I just feel like a zombi So I have never taken them for more than a week, this week i started taking Avanza and again they have just made me sleepy and unable to cope with 2hourly feeds during the night. We currently live with my partners parents and I feel that no one understands what Im going through, im so incredibly stressed all the time which is why is always so angry. My partner told me today he has had enough of me being angry, is he kidding me!! He doesnt try help to reduce the stress, this morning he thought it would be a good idea to take both kids to the farmers sale, there was so many people there which made me anxious and stressed anyway and then both my kids were crying, I honestly thought I was going to have a panic attack and then he comes at me with Im sick of you being mad. Then he said I treat our kids badly, yea cuz telling me that is really going to help. Im just completely over everything, what am I ment to do, I cant keep trying these antidepressants when the time they take to kick in makes things worse

I have a 2 yr old and a 11 week old and i feel like i am losing my mind.....all i do is cry or get angry. i cant control how i react to the basic of problems. i feel useless how am i suppost to play n enjoy my children when the moment i hear them cry i wanna scream n run out. my husband doesn't help, he is really lazy now that no.2 has arrived. he makes me feel guilty like i should be super mum or maybe that just me. i no whats wrong with me but i am scared. if i admit this to someone i know, am i just going to feel worse? like everyone is judging me. i feel that way now.........

I had the same feelings & I kept going to the doctors trying to explain my feelings and he didn't understand. I went to another doctor & he explained to me that my feelings are a normal part of PND. He put me on a mental health plan & I regularly see a counsellor. It has helped a great deal. I also believe exercise is very important. Ever since I made exercise part of my daily routine to go for a walk with the pram, I haven't felt so down.
Everything is looking up, well kinda i know whats wrong now and am getting help. i was put on Paroxtine and i find they r really helping. MY DH is even noticing a difference especially with my anger. and i am going to counselling and doing regular exercise. I have my good days and i have my bad days still but i slowly feel like im getting ME back again. I know it takes time for the pills to kick in but its worth it and if you can continue on with them and get a little extra help with the kids til you get use to them. I understand the sleepy side affect. Im still sleepy from them but it shouldn't be 4 much longer as the doc says.

Hold on to the hope. I had a great lady on here give me the advice i needed and i seriously believe my life has changed for the better because of her.
I will once again be the loving mother and wife i was before i turned into the hulk as my DH calls me.......

Everything is looking up, well kinda i know whats wrong now and am getting help. i was put on Paroxtine and i find they r really helping. MY DH is even noticing a difference especially with my anger. and i am going to counselling and doing regular exercise. I have my good days and i have my bad days still but i slowly feel like im getting ME back again. I know it takes time for the pills to kick in but its worth it and if you can continue on with them and get a little extra help with the kids til you get use to them. I understand the sleepy side affect. Im still sleepy from them but it shouldn't be 4 much longer as the doc says.

Hold on to the hope. I had a great lady on here give me the advice i needed and i seriously believe my life has changed for the better because of her.
I will once again be the loving mother and wife i was before i turned into the hulk as my DH calls me.......

Sign in to follow this topic