Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Worst Days of my Life Lock Rss

I just wanted to share my current experience with any new mums that may be feeling like me.
I have an eleven week old little boy. All was going pretty well. I had good days and bad days just like any mum. But then my good days were becoming less and less and the bad days were starting to take over.
I am a very social person but started making reasons not to go and see friends. I'm also very active but the thought of getting outside to exercise terrified me. My appetite was low and I wasn't eating and I was waking up shaking.
I spoke to my doctor about how I was feeling and she diagnosed me with PND. She put me on medication and organised me to see a psychotherapist.
Then suddenly I couldn't sleep even if bub was. I think I had three hours over a period of 4 days. I couldn't stop throwing up and my body was shaking uncontrollably, not to mention the crying. And I simply could not look after the baby anymore. My partner had time off work and I was lucky enough to call on family for help. I went straight to another doctor who gave me some valium to help me sleep and anti nausea medication to try and keep some fluid and food down.
The next two days were rough I felt like a zombie with thoughts of guilt, a wanting to run away and hide from the world. But as the days have progressed and I've seen the physcotherapist I'm starting to feel a little better. I actually want to get out of bed, I smile more and my appetite is improving.
I know I still have a long way to go and I'm still going to have some tough days ahead but nothing can compare to those three horrendous days of no hope. I'll still be monitored by my GP and go to see the councellor to talk about my feelings but I think that's definitely for the best.
Please if you are feeling like I was get help.... There's nothing to be guilty, ashamed or embarrassed about. Sometimes our brains just don't work how they should and they need a bit of help.
I'm now seeing a light at the end of a very dark tunnel and I can't wait to see what the future brings.
Much love mumma's.
It really is a tough gig.
Heyy sweetheart! I hope you're doing great! I'm so glad that you shared your story here. It really gives a lesson that everything gets fine at the end. paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea (PND) refers to attacks of severe shortness of breath and coughing that generally occur at night. It usually awakens the person from sleep and may be quite frightening.Though simple orthopnea may be relieved by sitting upright at the side of the bed with legs dangling in those with PND, coughing and wheezing often persist in this position. There's no need for guilt for it. Yes when a person is suffering from something, his mind simply doesn't work right. He feels stuff which doesn't even exist. That's normal. There's always some good and some bad days in a person's life. We have to pass from both of them. Bad days don't stay longer. The one thing that makes a person survives in all the bad days is hope. And well, where there is a will there is a way. I'm glad that you came out of the situation. And you're recovering from it. It's good for your baby too! Good luck with your future sweetie. Stay healthy!
Sign in to follow this topic