Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

When does PND start? Rss

Do u get post natal depression straight after birth or can it happen any time i think i might have it only mild but my son is 7 months old maybe i am just depressed please help.

~

I feel the same. I get really depressesd and angry and frustrated, not sure if it is PND or not. Its such a horrible feeling, and i feel guilty because my 2 kids are great.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

I know how u feel i take it out on hubby i am always so sad and stuff and i dont know why. i love my family but sometimes I hate them and i dont know y? I think i am a weirdo!

~

I dont think your a weirdo! I take it out on my partner too, every little thing annoys me. Like if he does the dishes, i take it the wrong way, like he is insulting me by doing them because i havent done them yet, when he is trying to help. I think way too much into every little situation, do you know what i mean? You can email me if you like bonny132002@yahoo.com.au

I just realized your on my messenger friends list anyway! See, im crazy as well!!

i guess we must all be weirdos cos i do the same thing. if i'm not being irrational and moody i am feeling guilty for acting that way! i hate it and wish i could just snap out of it!
mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

I am having a bad day today my 7 month old son is driving me crazy i feel so stressed like i am going ot explode. I think going back to work was the worst decision i ever made. I really want 2 stop working but i dont know how to tell them cause i work for my father in law plus the 2 days a week does help a bit with money but i dont know if the little bit of money is worth the hassle.

~

Hi Ladies,

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go to your doctor and get some help.
I had sever PND from when my girls were about 2 months old and I let it go and let it go thinking I was just being silly and I would get over it, trust me I didn't I just ended up exploding. That was when I finally went and got help from my doctor. Just the relief of being able to talk about it to someone without being judged is a wonderful thing and helps so much more than you could begin to imagine. There is so much help out there other than medication that your doctor can point you towards. Please don't feel like you are alone or a werido, or feel guilty because you work for a couple of days, I have been chastised by people on this website for having had PND and being a working mum and these women have blamed me for getting PND, this is not true it is not your fault.
If anyone would like to email me about my experiences please feel free to.

cassandra.mccormack@westmech.com.au

Cassie

Cassie, SA, 19mth twin girls

hi

i've been there too, mine didn't start until bub was about 5mths(#3 baby)
go see the doctor just to let it out, who knows that might just be what you need
I'm hoping that i won't get it with #4 although she's 7mths now.

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

hi there pnd started for me when my daughter was six mnths old and it has taken me three months to go to the doctor for help i felt so angry and sad at the same time i was a very nasty person to my husband and our marrige was on thin ice but because i was thinking that i could deal with it by myself i found i was digging myself a bigger hole any way i had dicided to go to the doctor and said i cant do this by myself i need help and now im on pills to take the egde of and i have never felt better and it really helps tp talk.. take care hope to hear how u r getting on!!

katrina and krystal 3 in june

Hi there,

As I understand it, PND can occur (generally and commonly but not exclusively) anywhere between birth and 2 years old.

Any signs all I can say is PLEASE talk. Talk to anyone who will listen and you know what....SCREAM it at those that don't! Don't let anyone make you feel bad or inadequate. It is real and it is serious...lives depend on it.

Good luck. I hope this helps smile
hello

i have been diagnosed with PND yesterday
not to that stage where i would harm myself or my 11 week olod Girl but bad
it feels bad i am ashamed off it and i was long thinking off posting it here cos i do know some mums in person which makes it more difficult
i have not told my hubby and famalie as yet considering he thinks its all in your head anyway
i cray a lott, i feel quilty, about not beeing a good mam not beeing abel to make Nadia sleep and settel , i can me happy and smilling in one minut the other i can cry
i was told i should take tablets whuich i can not cos i am breast feeding the doctor yesterday told me i should go on a bottel whit tha baby, even the comunity nurs was saying there are tablets you can take so i will go to some other doctor today
it is hard to admitting it and wright now i am crying but i thuink to share it is bethere then anything\
for those how know me sorry i did not say anything yesterday i was not sure on how people relat to it cos it makes me feel so ashamed
i am supposed to be one off the happyest people around instead i am just feeling as if everytihnk is just #$%^^&&$%#$#^#%$
you know what i mean
thank you for listening

mitti

cheers
mitti

Manuela,NSW baby girl borne on the 8.jan 2005

Sign in to follow this topic