Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

my bubies Constipated Lock Rss

hi i have a 2 week only baby she was 8 weeks early and im breast feeidng her but my milk suppys not good so evry 4 or 5 feed im giving her formula she doesn bring it up but she hasnt done a poo in over 24 hours is that ok is there any think i can do to help thanxs
I would have a chat to your child health nurse... they will be able to tell you whats the norm. smile sorry i'm not more helpful. Good luck.

Some Bays do not poo for up to 10 days. However check with your health nurse, make sure you are mixing the formula correctly, as too little water can make them constipated on formula. Breast feeding Bubs do not get constipated. Keep an eye on her wet nappies and make sur eshe is having 6 -8 wet nappies a day, but see your health nurse if you are worried. Naomi
I have a 3.5 month old and breastfed for the first 7 weeks. It is common for breastfed babies to not poo for up to 10 days, however when I transitioned to formula her poos were a bit more solid and I thought she may have a problem, so I asked the midwife and she advised me to add a teaspoon of brown sugar to her milk/water and I have found this works a treat. It can be done from early on aswell. Hope this helps:)

gretchen, brisbane, 4mth old baby

Sign in to follow this topic