Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

developing quickly Lock Rss

My boy Robert is 6 weeks old and i feel he is doing things a lot earlier than he is meant to. He was 52 cm at birth and within four weeks had already grown 6.5cm. He smiled at 3 weeks, rolled on his side around the same time. Lifted his head from birth. He is already showing signs of holding thins and will stick his hand being a dummy to stop it falling out and then try and push it back in if it does. He was 9 days overdue and had was delivered via c-section after a failed induction. He is bottle fed. I don't know whether to be proud of him or sad in that he is growing up so fast. Anyone else found the same thing. Is he developing quicker than most babies and is this maybe because he was overdue?

robert 15 feb 06 qld

Hi
My little man also developed quickly. He was 57cm and 4.46kg. He could pretty much hold his head up himself in the first week or 2. He was rolling from tummy to back at 9 weeks and back to tummy around 3 months. He too was over due by 6 days and I don't know if this is a reason or just because he so big. Be proud that your little man is getting things quickly...there is nothing to be ashamed off!!! It is a little sad that they grow up so fast but there's not much you can do about it. In a way Jeb being able to do things himself from such a young age has made life a little easier as he has been able to entertain himself while I get housework etc. done, but he still loves to play and snuggle with his mummy and daddy. smile

Hi Moosemum

Sounds like Robert is developing very nicely. my daughter Elise was the same. She was born 54cm 8 pound 8 ounces and from day one would watch everything that was going on by lifting her head and having sticky beaks. Elise was 13 days overdue and so far this seems to be a trend.

If you believe in this sort of thing the nurses told me she was an old soul and had been here before.

Elise rolled all over the place from 3 months, and had full control over her eyes and hands almost straight away. She has already started to talk and can say Bub (being her favourite ), Da, and Mum I should mention she will be 7 months on the 7th of April

I am sometimes sad to see her growing up so fast but then again, Im also very proud and hope that one day she will go far with these what seems to be quick learning skills.

Enough of me bragging smile lol

Sam,NSW,Elise 7/9/05

Sign in to follow this topic