Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

breast milk Lock Rss

hey thought this was a good idea!
A lady named Marea Ryan a former midwife has a dream of creating the first breast milk bank in australia . it would benifit mainly pre term babies, whose digestive systems aren't ready to cope with other foods . According to the mothers milk bank, breast milk benefits infants who fail to thrive who have malabsorption or malabsorption or metabolic disorders , or who have "short gut" syndrome, renal failure , cardiac problems or infection.
it's also been shown to prevent necrotising enterocolitis (where the lining of the intestinal wall of pre term infants dies) . it would equate to a health care saving of $18000 a baby. the mothers of these infants are often to ill themselves to give there own breast milk. all breast milk would be pasterised to ensure no illness / disease would be pasted on . "if a woman expresses just once a day , it's only 10 mins if she does that for 5 days it tricks the body in2 producing an extra feed a day , thats five feeds a week . she could put it into the freezer and deliever it once a week to the bank " it would really benifit these infants that really need it the most .
so ne way the point of me sharing this info was that all she needs is the money to set it up they have organised a cd with names like delta goodrem, Deborah Conway , Stringmansassy and katie Noonan. they are selling the cd through ABCshops for $30 $24 of which goes towards the milk bank. they only need to sell 15,000 copies nd they could open the store within 4 weeks .
i'm gonna buy this cd as i think this is a great idea and hope it gets off theground really soon .

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS IF U WANT NE MORE INFO I CAN TRY TO HELP THANKS SAM20

MUM TO RJ 28 10 03 & EJ 23 07 06

hi what a great idea!! please keep me informed about the progress, I am bf at the moment i could help i am in tassie though
catherine

There is a milk bank here in WA which is very popular amongst breast feeding Mums. Maye she can contact the WA Milk Bank to get some ideas on setting it up. Naomi
Sign in to follow this topic