Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Head Control at 12 weeks Lock Rss

My 12 week old son has tummy time after every feed and nappy change and he can usually last for 2-3 minutes before he starts whinging. However, I am still finding that his head bobs forward and he can't hold it still yet - is this normal at this age? Am I expecting too much of him to be able to hold his head on his own?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Hi Jake's Mum,

My DD was doing around the same amount and then used to put her head on the floor and cry when she'd had enough. Poor bubs - must get so frustrated. She lasts about 5-10mins now (shes 15weeks) and they do come along in leaps and bounds. There isn't any rush really. They will do it in their own time. It's great you make sure he has tummy time and he will have his head up and about in no time! Good luck and all the best! Your doing a great job!

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Maybe you should speak to your M&CH nurse wink I am not sure what level of head control they should have at 12 weeks ... my daughter was strong from day one so pretty much had good control from birth!! I wouldn't worry ... 12 weeks is still a baby smile When we put my daughter on the floor on her tummy we usually leave her for at least 5-10 minutes at a time ... maybe put a mirror in front of your son so he can see himself wink Might make it more enjoyable for him!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Jake's mum,
my bub's about the same age and she's only just started to get good head control, but sometimes she's still really wobbly (like those little dog things you put on your dashboards!!!). She also doesn't really like tummy time and usually only lasts about 2-3 minutes too! I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are really concerned maybe check with a doctor or child health nurse. Best of luck!!

Sam and Hayley and bub

Sign in to follow this topic