Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Colic Lock Rss

HELP!!! My poor darling 2 week old girl has Colic! It is killing me seeing her in so much pain, and being so upset and distressed! Atleast once a day she is screaming her lungs out for 5+ hours... Hardly feeds during that time as she is so upset, and is so over tired that we are battling to settle her from being so over tired, hungry and what ever it is that she is feeling with colic.
Has anyone else gone through the same? and if there was/is any products out there that helped you? I am willing to try ANYTHING!! I am trying Infacol atm, but willing to try anything that just might give her some relife. The midwife has given me a routine to follow in hoping that will help, but it is hard to try and establish when she is just so beside herself, and it takes a good day to get her to recover from the previous night, and then it starts all over again!! I am in tears when she gets so unsettled, but am lucky to have my hubby that takes her for a bit while i go and have a shower and calm down for round 2. When she settles she is fantastic, and i dont love her any less even when she is so unsettled, i am just frustraited as to what to do to help her! I hate seeing her like that!!
Hi,
I have a Preemie who is now 4.5 months old, and she has colic. The best thing I have found is Dr Brown's Colic Bottles. Fairly expensive but in my opinion they deffinatley help. Not sure if you are in NZ or Aus?
Im in aust. Like i said, i am willing to try ANYTHING!!
Try Brauer Colic Relief, You can only get it from chemists but it worked wonders for us. DD is now 5 months and we still use it when she has a upset tummy. its a natural medicine so you can use it from birth and it doesnt taste or smell horrible like gripe water or infants friend smile

Try Brauer Colic Relief, You can only get it from chemists but it worked wonders for us. DD is now 5 months and we still use it when she has a upset tummy. its a natural medicine so you can use it from birth and it doesnt taste or smell horrible like gripe water or infants friend smile

I am heading to the chemist right now to get some!! I just want her to get some relif from it all so she can settle and be a happy little girl! Thankyou! Fingers crossed it helps! grin
are you breast feeding??????

if you are bottle feeding you may be putting air down there

rubbing tummy in a clock wise manner.... also elevating bassinet. putting in pram or sling and going for a walk around the streets, will make you feel better if not the baby too.

sometimes sucking on a dummy can help releve some of the pain in the tummy
I have a few suggestions for you, my girl carried on like that for ages then it stopped not sure if it was colic in the end. You can try Infants friend similar to brauers I think but it does teething wind, colic and stops constipation all in one. Also make sure she isn't hungry if you are bf maybe see a midwife about your attachment because I had that problem and my milk dropped off. Also try wrapping her and some white noise (Static from the radio works well) aswell as blacking out her room, she could be really overtired. Maybe ask your doc about the posibility of reflux raising the cot on an angle helps with that, however at the end of the day it might just be colic and it will pass!

I have tried the brauer colic relief and has helped alot!! A friend also recomended taking my girl to a chiropractor, as that helped her little one. I took her on monday and have seen an improvement already!! Anyone else out there with a reflux/colic baby, i recomend trying a chiropractor!! grin
Sign in to follow this topic