Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

constipation Lock Rss

my 3 week old is currently been treated for oral thrush and since he's been on the medication he has been contipated,

he's only been doing a poo every two days adn when he does one they are really really hard and round. h e also cries when he does one.

does anyone have asny recomendations on how to treat constipation in young babies?

Harley's Mum - April 2006

dissolve a little raw sugar in a bottle of water and give that to him.

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

hi equinny,my little boy had the same prob untill we got him on solids..give him some water after he had his milk nothing eles in it at all..trust me it does help..

Hi there equinny

We had a time where my DD was constipated too (for a week she tried and couldnt go) So painful.

I tried all the wives tales (brown sugar, prune juice etc) and nothing worked, so I went to my GP coz she was in so much pain and distress and he gave me tiny glycerine sapositries (spelling?) they are tiny jelly like bullets that you just have to place inside his bottom (only as far so you cant see it - NO further)

and with in minutes she went 4 times and it was all over. I havent had to use them since and it is probably not the nicest thought but I swear it works. Although try and do it at a time where he is not going to try and poo at the same time as they will shoot across the room..lol i had to use two as the first one disolved before i could get it in properly, she was so desperate to go when i put something there she pushed it out...lol

So if nothing else works and he is still having trouble go and get some, they are for infants and babies only not adult ones.

I hope i have helped and that you get some relief very soon

Cheers!
Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Sign in to follow this topic