Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Colic driving me crazy! Lock Rss

Hello - my little girl is about 4 weeks old and I'm pretty sure after all the reading I've done that it is colic that is making her cry so much. Sometimes she cries for up for 5 hours. It isn't constant, but it is quite violent and can occur every 10mins or so and last for 15-20mins at a time.

I'm settling her on her side and doing the tapping thing. Sometimes the only thing I can do is pick her up, snuggle her, convince her to use her dummy and then put her back down. I try not to do this too often as I'm frightened she'll get used to being in my arms and then refuse to settle any other way.

I asked a pharmacist about changing formula and they recommended trying Infant's Friend first. Have just started today so can't really report whether it will work or not. I'd love to hear from other Mum's with bubs who hav had (or still have) colic. Please share your experiences, some days I can cope with the crying and other days I just cry along with her. My husband came home from work today just so I could get out of the house for an hour or 2...

Mum2Matilda 9-5-06

Hi Jode,

Have you heard of the infant drops, Infacol???

I found my little girl was having real trouble bringing up wind after a feed for the first couple of months. She would become really distressed, especially at night. Someone got me onto these drops and she was much better.

You can only use them from 4 weeks of age. I only used them for about 2 weeks. You just give the measured amount before each feed.

Hope this helps,
Kylie.

mum of two

My first had 'colic', but he was breast fed, so we didnt have the option of playing around wiht formula. It was absolute trying for the first 3 months and now he is a delightful 2.? year old.

I know he settled much quicker once he started rolling onto his tummy (about 3 motnhs) and then he slept there. We also did the patting thing and the dummy to get him out of my arms.

A stict 3 hour FPS routine also helped him as it ensured it gave him time for wind and also gave his tummy time to digest the last feed before another feed, and made sure he didnt get overtired.

I can remember sitting outside on the step just to feel the sun on my face and the block out the screaming. I know it sounds crewl, but I would not have coped some days if I didnt. or just staring at a blank wall when he was asleep,just to unwind

The amount of thinkgs that that first son taught me.. I feel I could write a book (but I believe Tizzy Halls may have beaten me to it, although I havnt read hers)

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

The only thing that fixed my daughters when she was little was taking her to a chiropractor. One little adjustment and the problem never came back.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

Sign in to follow this topic