Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health
  5. Oral Thrush - What does it look like?

Oral Thrush - What does it look like? Lock Rss

Hi

Not sure if baby has oral thrush. Can anyone assist? What do I have to look out for? He has a milky tongue.....

Also, my left breast tingles after a breastfeed (sometimes even throbs). My doctor reckons it is muscle spasms but have read that this also maybe a symptom of thrush in me. I certainly dont want to pass anything on to my baby.

Thanks
BB1
Hi

Oral Thrush appears in elevated white patches that look like cottage cheese or milk curds on the insides of baby's cheeks, and sometimes on the tongue, roof of the mouth, and gums. If the patches are wiped away, a raw red area is exposed, and there may be bleeding. Nursing may be painful. It can be passed to you through cracked nipples.

Maybe you could ask a mid wife or go back to your doctor or another one.

Hope this has help you.

DS 13months

My little angel has had oral thrush twice, the first time it looked like white spots on her tongue and I though it was milk stains but it steadily got worse. The second time it was a white coating on her tongue and she ended up having trouble feeding and sleeping. It is likely that bubs has passed it on to you not the other way around.

Get it checked it is easily treated, treat yourself too regardless of if you have obvious symptoms. There is a gel you can get to apply to your breasts which is ok for the baby too

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Sign in to follow this topic