Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health
  5. Reflux at 2 weeks old help

Reflux at 2 weeks old help Lock Rss

Hi their I have a 2 week old baby with refulx and colic I have been told by our pharmacy that he cant have any medication till 4 weeks but its heartbreaking to see poor little one suffer, hes in so much pain crying all the time and vomiting up each meal. any tips or suggestions PLEASE we are all so tired and i have a 3 yr old toddler at home to

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Hi myrtle,
My now 13mth ds was the same at 2wks, I b/f and was advised to express to a bottle and add Karicare thickner, it was time consuming but he did seem to settle alot better, that was until he was 3 1/2 mths, and it started all over again, we then found out he was allergic to dairy. Pead said to put him onto soy formula and to keep using the thickner, we stopped using the thickner at 6mths when he started solids.

You could also try slightly raising the top end of bubbas bed so they are not completely lying flat, my son settled best in his bouncinette (the old fashioned one) and i finally started to get some rest.
I hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is when your little ones in pain....
Take care & congrats to the new addition to your family.

My advice is to see a Dr. Vomiting in newborns (under 6 weeks) can occasionaly indicate another problem. It is very important to get him checked by a Dr.
If you want any more detail let me know
Hi Maree how is your sons vomiting going?
Are things any better or worse?
Hi Maree,

My miss 3 weeks was diagnosed with colic and reflux when she was 2 weeks old by my paeditrition.
he suggested that we use infant gavascon or mylanta for the relux and boiled water, or infacol for the colic.
i also use infants friend for the colic and i find that to be the most helpful with the colic
hi maree
my little dd was doing the samething untill i changed formulas..nutrica karicare ar formula all ages from birth..try it let me know

micheal 4 years old racheal 2-5yrs

hi
our ds also has silent relux, i know it is hard but it will get better!
try putting something under one end of the cot to tilt it, dont forget to do the same to the change table! if you are desperate just use some tins of food, anything will work until you sort out whats gotta happen.
we were lucky enough to go straight onto medication as diagosed at five weeks, and will probably be on it for a while, but still have to do all the tilting/holding upright etcetc
a friend of mine uses infacol drops and they seem to work for her, you should give them a go.
one more thing i can suggest is to hold bubs as upright if possible for a few minutes after each feed, so maybe you could change nappy before feed that way when you lift legs up to change the nappy there is nothing to be brought up yet. good luck and hang in there!

Hi all just wanted to let you know my problems appear to be fiexed for starters it was not refulx he had but vomiting due to a medical condition called congential adrenal hyperplasia once it was sorted the vomiting stopped. but he still reguarated a bit so I put him onto the Karicare AR formula also as he was crying alot at night really unseatltled classic colic sympotons so I got the Brauer homopathic colic drops since doing all this I have a new baby only cries now when hungary etc.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic