Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health
  5. sILENT REFLUX AND COLIC BABIES

sILENT REFLUX AND COLIC BABIES Lock Rss

jUST WONDERING HOW MANY BABIES BORN WITH SILENT REFLUX AND COLIC.

My two babies have it.
Both are Zantac 3 times a day 1ml.

I have used Colic releif, Stomach calm, gripe water and infacol. Gone to the chricopator. Three paeds.

All have told me it takes time.

I am just worried it will not go away.

Needing other mums advice.
Katia

4 1/2 yrs boy 28 mth girl

Hi Katia, I refer to my post on 16/07/07.
I have a 15 month old that I had no troubles with. However, my 5 week old does. I have a paediatrician appt next week, but the baby clinic nurse suggested she may have Silent Reflux. She was an angel for the first two weeks but I have had troubles with her not burping after feeds and crying after putting her down, etc etc. Since Monday, I have had her on Infant gavascon - not supposed to give to babies under 12 months without medical advice, but I had to try something.
I breastfeed and you give it to her after feeds. I use a Dinky Cup or syringe it to her. I then sit her up and she burps. Since Monday, it hasn't been anywhere near as bed as it had been and I am Thanking God for it, as I thought I was going to go insane. I still might, but not as quickly.
Anyway, maybe this could be something that you could try.
Toodles
Trudy, Ipswich, Qld
Mum to Eva 15mths and Mae 5 weeks.
Hi,
My baby daughter had Gastro-Oesophagal Reflux. Unfortunately I reluctantly had to give up breastfeeding due to all the trauma involved at feeding times plus she was in a hip harness for hip dysplasia which made it more difficult to get her into a comfortable position.

I was originally given Zantac syrup and Mylanta Original Antacid as directed by the paediatrician and when she didn't improve she was then prescribed Pepti Junior Formula and Losec tablets (which are dissolved in with the formula). She was off all these products by 9 months and is now happy and well.

Good luck with everything.

2 girls - 5 years, 2 years

My DS had Silent Reflux when he was a baby, he was on Zantac 3 times a day and had 1ml of mylanta before each bottle, when he started solids at 5 mths we gradually weaned him off the meds by 6 months it was all gone! They generally say that reflux starts to settle down when bubs starts on solid foods and they can sit up..

There is light at the end of the tunnel and it will go away eventually!!

Hi there, i was reading your information that you posted on your part of the silent reflux and it found it very interesting. I have 2 children a daughter who is 22.5 months old and a son who is almost 9.5 months old. My daughter was born spewing and they said to me that give it a few days and it will settle. when a few weeks had past and still every feed came up i went to see my MW (my daughter had problems in the beginging putting weight on)they told me then she had reflux and talked about medicating her but i was to try a food thickner in her formula (i stopped breast feeding due to not realising after 4 weeks i had no milk and my daughter was starving i thought i was being a good mum feeding!!!)so i put her on that and that helped with the spewing but didnt stop it but she did start puttiong weight on. But she NEVER liked being on her tummy as she would just scream all the time. All the drs said she would grow out of it when she sat up... then when she didnt they said she would by crawling... My daughter spewed till she was 16 months old!!!! Just after she was 12 months old i also found out that she was allergic to wheat as well!!! But still down here in Tassie they wouldnt medicate her for reflux. Then my son was born... well he was wonderful for first 2 weeks then he turned in to a devil.Spewed worse than my daughter wouldnt settle would not sleep in his bed he slept in my arms for the first 6 weeks of his life up right cause he would just scream. took him to drs and they said that to do the same with what i did with my daughter and cause he hadnt lost weight they wouldnt medicate him@!! He is still on thickner i couldnt get my daughter off it till like i said 16 months and now i cant stop giving it to my son. He is sitting up and still power spewing all over my carpet. not crawling though. I wish down here we had such understanding drs like you guys have up there. i have now just found out that my son also has allergies.!!!! but your info i read was more helpful than anything that has come from a dr!!!!! thanks

Chloe 22 months and Lochie 9 months TAS

Sign in to follow this topic