Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Osteopaths Lock Rss

Has anyone used osteopath for a vomiting baby? I have tried slowing down the feeds, he has been on losec (for reflux.Someone recommended using an osteopath but bubba is so little I don't want to create problems later on with weaknesses in his bones etc.
My wee man has reflux and when he was about 4 or 5 weeks I rung a local osteopath and asked him if it was worth a visit. Despite the fact that his website mentioned infant reflux as something he looked at, the osteopath gave me a big lecture about how he was doubtful it had any benefit so I stayed away. Since then I have regretted the decision. Firstly because I have now found out that there are other osteopaths in my area who have 'better' reputations and would have looked at my baby. Secondly because I was seeing a Chiropractor for myself and had them look at my baby and do some manipulations. When I told my GP he asked why I never took my baby to an osteopath!! So my GP clearly thinks they are worth a visit. I say go for it, and let me know if it did make a difference as I am still considering whether I should take DS even at this later stage.

I went to the osteopath this morning and she was so informative. Apparently there is a nerve at the base of the head that can get strained in birth which affects digestion etc. Then when she felt my bubbas head she said that was more than likely the problem, she has recommended 3 visits to see if that helps. It was very gentle and actually looked like she wasn't doing much at all, but I will keep you posted as to how I get on.
Hey
are they also used for unsettled babies? because my 12 week old has just been a misery since birth. Always hungry and not really reflux,, but gets a real stiff back with wind. I am considering going too.
My birth was fast and I was wondering if he was affected by this.

Elisabeth, 2yr old son and bubs due 17th june

Hi Elisabeth, I'm not too sure, I would probably give one a ring in your area and just ask. The one I saw the other day was really thorough and asked heaps about the actual birth as that is a really big factor.
thanks Samz
I went to doctor today and she didn't think he has silent reflux..even though he seems to have some symtoms (as I read on website)..but she then let me trial zantac to see if it improves his crying. She seemed to think it was just his personality!!!!!
God I hope she is wrong. otherwise it will be misery forever. I still love the little guy to pieces.

Elisabeth, 2yr old son and bubs due 17th june

Sign in to follow this topic