Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. scaring after c-section & exercise

scaring after c-section & exercise Lock Rss

i had an emergancy c-section just two weeks ago and i was wondering if anyone out there could lat me know how long does it take for the scaring to heel and when it does how bad does it look.

Mine might be a bit different as i have an absese on my stiches and it is quite ugly at the moment, has any one else ended up with abseses after an c-section, if so how did you heel.

I am very up set about this and find that it makes me quite emotional at times.

also can anyone tell me how long it takes befor you can start doing chores again like mowing, gardening, and exercising.

thankyou if you can help.

baby zoe nsw

You are told to wait at least 6 weeks before going back to normal duties (you have had major surgery a c-section is just a little cut).

For me though I couldn't go back to normal duties until my bub was 10 weeks old as it was still painful.

As for the scar, time will heal it and it WILL be LESS obvious.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Hi zoe taylah

I had my 3rd c-section 2 half weeks ago. Each person heals at different rates, with each c-section I seemed to heal a lot quicker and the scar fades alot so don't worry !!!

I've always waited until after my 6 week check up before I resumed all chores especially exercising ... time goes by so quick that by the time you realize all is back to normal....

all the best

leo,NSW

Mine was seven months ago and it's lots skinnier and a very pale maroon colour, but i can't see it cos my belly is in the way, you made me look at it for the first time in ages!
You're never going to feel good about yourself two weeks after giving birth, and don't be too hard on yourself, no-one recovers like celebrities. It takes nine months to got your body like that, give it at least that long to recover.
And don't think your partner won't find you attractive-if mine can find me sexy with my big stretchmarks, wrinkly belly and droopy boobs i'm sure you'll be fine.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic