Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Line on tummy Lock Rss

Did anyone else get a line down their tummy during pregnancy? I know there is a name for it cant quite remember it. I have a dark brown line from the middle of my belly down to my bellybutton and it doesnt seem to have faded at all. Just wondering when or if it is supposed to disappear? I can live with it(dont have much choice i guess!) but would be good if it disappeared.

My little girl is growing up!

its called the linea nigra and its more prominent in dark skinned ladies.
i had a slight line when i was pregnant but it was never really noticable. i didnt even notice when it disappeared to be honest but its gone ?
My line was quite dark and it was not only below my belly button - it continued up my stomach. My DS is 6 months old and I still have the line. It has faded slightly but still very noticeable.

I have the same as McMum described. I asked my DR about it going away and she told me it would never fully go away but would fade. Mine was soo dark and continued right up to underneath my boobs...

I dont know about the dark skinned ladies but I am extremely pale and have one. It has been 7 weeks and still hasnt faded. It doesnt worry me, as in pain etc so I figure it will eventually fade.
I am not dark skinned but tan easily. Mine was very dark and people that saw it were quite astonished. Me and DH called it my "gig line" for some reason! It disappeared completely at some point in the last 4 years!! Third time round it is not as noticeable - maybe hormone related?
I had my 4th child 5 weeks ago and mine hasn't disappeared or even faded. This is the first time i had it and even then it only appeared about 3 weeks b4 bubby was born.

i got the line up to my belly button....and some HAIRS growing either side of it!! so be thankful you didn't get those:) I HATE THEM. they have not gone away as i hoped they would!!! so i pluck them!!!!!
i still feel like the whole world notices i have pubes on my puku! hehe.

My linea line starts 1/2 way up my tummy and continues to my pubic hair. My belly button is all brown. My c/s scar from my first pregnancy also went a brownish colour. Prior to falling pregnant this time, it had almost faded and was a whitish colour.

My son was born 3 weeks ago and it still doesnt look like it has faded. I use a loofa glove and try & rub the brown skin off but to no avail.

After my first pregnancy, I used Bio Oil and this faded it so I will be going to the shop and buying another bottle in the near future.

I was once told by a nurse that you only got the linea line on your first pregnancy - LIAR@!!!!

Posted by: McMum
My line was quite dark and it was not only below my belly button - it continued up my stomach. My DS is 6 months old and I still have the line. It has faded slightly but still very noticeable.

I had a dark line quite prominently with all three of my pregnancies too. It faded around about nine months after birth. I've heard also that it's more common in dark skinned ladies, two of my bubs also got mongolian spots too, so I must have some dark skinned genes somewhere.

Sign in to follow this topic