Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. Has anyone else's feet grown??

Has anyone else's feet grown?? Rss

I carried a lot of fluid while pregnant, and ended up with the worlds largest feet. I went from an 8 1/2 ladies shoe, to wearing a size 11 homeyped slide!!!!

Its now been 9 weeks since the birth, and I still cant fit into any of my closed toe shoes - its thongs only. I bought a new pair of shoes today, and they are a tight fit at a 9 1/2.

Will I have to throw out all my beloved shoes and start again, or will my feet eventually come back to their original size?

Also, the soles of my feet are very painful when I first get out of bed in the mornings - is this normal?
Hi Caroline!

I am sorry to have to tell you this but if you are anything like me you will have to start your shoe collection again. I too had a lot of swelling in my feet and ankles with my first pregnancy - I went from a size 6 to a size 8 1/2! After giving birth I went back to a size 7 and have been in that size ever since (didn't have swelling problems with second pregnancy).

The soles of my feet were very painful for about 3-4 months after giving birth to my first son.

I hope your feet settle down for you soon.
Trudie xx

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

Yep, I turned into a hobbit during my pregnancy too, and my feet have never been the same since. The soles of my feet were quite stiff and sore for quite a while (and still are occasionally). I put this down to walking around the house (on tiles) in bare feet all day every day. I refuse to throw out my favourite pairs of shoes and boots , in the hopes that one day I will get into them again. They are right up there in the wardrobe with my size 8 jeans and mini tank tops!!

Qld, mum to Madison, born 25/5/05

Sign in to follow this topic